Unarchiving a Post?

Hiya! I’m wondering if it’s possible to unlock/unarchive a post that was locked due to being inactive for over a year. I have a study log I created, and I was hoping to revive it. I wasn’t able to find anything about this from searching, so I thought I’d ask here.

Thanks!

3 Likes

You can flag the first post in your topic, select “something else”, and then use the text area to ask a mod to reopen the topic.

14 Likes

Or the mods can just remove that stupid rule once and for all

5 Likes

Thanks! <3

2 Likes

Isn’t it baked into Discourse?

4 Likes

Ah, that might be it, since the forums functions are indeed Discourse based. I don’t think it makes much sense. But, we know that the cap can be increased due to intervention, so the Mods could in theory make all thread much longer living…if that’s what they thought was best for the forum.

3 Likes

All threads in the “Reading” category will only be closed after 10 years of no new posts. So just create the thread there and move to appropriate category afterwards, if needed. I did a test:

Testing thread autoclose limit

8 Likes

Then why doesn’t Paptreek’s study log have any close-by date now?

3 Likes

Concretely, something like this? and Mod is fast, btw

Otherwise, this is another concrete one.

Though, move threads to “Reading” category doesn’t extend its lifespan. Moving away from “Reading” doesn’t shorten it either.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.