Typo in level 8 answer?

In my reviews on level 8 the “correct” answer for picture- gakaku in hiragana has a comma in it, so I am not able to type a correct answer. Typing in the comma brings up a list of previous correct answers so is not a way to get around the problem. Thanks for your help.

The comma lets you know that there are multiple correct readings for a kanji! So you can type in either が (ga) OR かく (kaku) and it will be marked correct.

2 Likes

It marks both those options as incorrect

Could you please include a screenshot?

2 Likes

I just answered for this kanji a few days ago. が was accepted with no issues.

I just checked all of level 8 kanji and vocab, and I can’t find anything taught on that level with those readings.

Edit: it’s very early though so I’m likely to be overlooking something

I second that a screenshot would be nice. ^^

2 Likes

Yeah 画 is a level 6 kanji.

3 Likes

Ah, check. Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply it’s midday in Australia. I’ll sort a screenshot in a few hours. I can’t at present. Have a sleep in for a few hours :grinning::+1:

1 Like

If you’re typing in either がかく or が,かく that is obviously going to be wrong. It’s either just が or かく. Not some combination of both. I’ve done 6 reviews on this kanji and が was always accepted without issue for the reading.

4 Likes

There are a number of kanji with multiple readings separated by commas, so I imagine if there was a site-wide issue with that particular area, we’d start getting a ton of topics about 人, 月, and 力.

1 Like

I just worked it out. I just hadn’t thought the alternative thing through. Please excuse my intermittent dementia and thanks for giving such polite responses to an idiotic query.

4 Likes

It’s always possible for an isolated issue to crop up on an item due to some kind of bug, so there’s no harm in asking.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.