Tried Memrise today

Im subbed to it and i thoroughly enjoy it.

There is an extension to disable the Memrise timer

My advice for courses to try is to find ones that include sentences over those that are pure word lists. I’ve found both Memrise and Anki far more beneficial since I made that switch.

I’ve been using Memrise for a couple of years now, it’s great, especially since it’s free. (Side note: the paid version of Memrise doesn’t offer many more benefits compared to the free one, so don’t bother). Plus, the graphics and layout are much better than Anki.

As for your question about romaji, yes, as others have said, it depends on the individual course. Courses made by others are tailored to the author’s personal needs, but if you don’t want romaji, feel free to make your own. I make my own courses for Genki as I’m studying through and I arrange it like this, being tested primarily on kanji and no romaji:

1 Like

Signed up for renshuu, but it seem like it will take some time to get used to how it works. I really like the idea that you can set up a schedule for each individual part of practice! This will be so useful when I need some repition outside of genki, memrise and WK. But ye, I’m not completely sure how it works yet, but I will play around with it in the coming days and see where it will take me. Looks great though, and like I said setting up a schedule there will be most useful.

1 Like

That might be good if you use mobile but web version has no option to turn off timer so longer sentences become a joke where you just need to read last few words and glance through options to guess right option. It would be ok if i could actually read the sentences. Writing those also means that you need to recall longer sentences instantly if you want to complete them in time. Let alone if there are katakana/hiragana/kanji mixed in same sentences. Timer kind of ruins it for me.

2 Likes

Think someone wrote above, that there is an extension you could install to remove the timer? Havn’t checked it out myself but i will surely look into it because the timer annoys me too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.