I reached level 6 a few days ago, and found that it’s become a bit of a struggle.
I am finding the following:
- I struggle to know when to use the onyomi or kunyomi readings.
- Some words that seem to have different meanings between the same radical, kanji, and vocab. e.g. Life, Raw, etc.
- I am getting lots of things wrong and so they are coming up a lot, but they don’t stick.
- Level 1 stuff is coming back up which I have forgotten.
- I am doing less lessons… and thus the reviews are piling up, but getting through them all is really tough.
Does anybody have any tips for when you hit this kind of wall? Especially on the first point. I feel like a lot of the time I can work out what both the readings would be - but then don’t get the right one for the context, so if there was a cheat sheet for when to use what reading I could apply that somehow and have a greater success rate - as I’m just guessing atm.