Thoughts on new header style (not good)

Is it weird that I tried to see how many WK vocab words I could recall from your list of negatives?

2 Likes

That is exactly what you should have done.

Seriously tough, I can’t even point to what is wrong, I just feel sad looking at it. Is it because I have spent way too long with the old style? Maybe the logo is particularly atrocious? The colors look alright…

2 Likes

Change is hard … like losing an old reliable friend. The logo IS terrible for what I have come to associate with WK. However, the company is growing up and looking to rebrand. It’s bittersweet like when Felicity cut her hair (Forgive the pop culture reference).

1 Like

I like that I can see the specific number of reviews now (instead of 42+)

But why is the damn thing in green? And why do I gotta squint to see it? I’m not even an old bear yet!

I try not to complain about changes to the site and I appreciate being able to see the actual number of lessons and reviews now, but why this weird green that matches nothing? I also liked that the tabs for kanji, radicals, and vocab included the kanji for those terms and I always thought that was a nice touch as a way to remember those vocabulary words :c

And why are the review and lesson tabs so much smaller, harder to read, and in a weird location?

1 Like

Def not used to this, still prefer the old one.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I like it :grinning:

1 Like

agreed; do not like it, want the old one back :frowning:

2 Likes

The header used to be very useful. Now it is totally useless :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m thoroughly confused by the amount of drama that is erupting because of this change :thinking:
I don’t hate anything about it… it’s just different

3 Likes

I love it! Very tidy.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely am not “disgusted” but I don’t like change for the sake of change. Rebranding is all well and good but having important and useful features removed for no good reason is frustrating.

2 Likes

I think that showing the review and lesson counts would be good, but I really don’t get why people are freaking out.

Anyone know why there is a red dot over the menu icon?

1 Like

I imagine that this signals that you have lessons and/or reviews available

That could be it I suppose. It’s a little… unclear though.

Violation of the Conservative Principle #1: Unless it is necessary to change, it is necessary not to change.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say disgusting, but I don’t like how the focus of the bar moved away from the main feature of WK, lessons and reviews.

2 Likes

Yeah… not my favorite new feature. But I think I’ve read it somewhere that they’re already considering changing that!

It would at least be nice if you could “clear” the red dot as you can with other apps. Its nice knowing when reviews are up and since its not on the dashboard anymore (although did we really need to replace the review counter with a bright red dot?) i would enjoy at least some sort of indication when i first load the page. But having a red dot that doesnt clear until you finish your reviews is gonna be super annoying to me. Im back-logged on reviews for a while (like 600 or so) so i dont need the constant reminder, nor would i like an annoying teacher pestering me over a gentle tool who lets me get to things when i want and plan to.

Found it:

Also @gatchi

4 Likes