The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

For the Android, don’t forget the discontinued but feature-rich WaniKani Mobile and the redder WaniKani Android apps.

Since you are adding community works under “Additional Content,” add BreadstickNinja’s 930+ kana-only words available on Anki and Excel from the second reply of this thread.

That’s all I can think of that aren’t already in the list in the OP.  Great work so far!

You accidentally put the wrong link for the Listening Comprehension Chrome extension. It goes to the Review Order userscript page, not Listening Comprehension!

Also, thanks for this updated list! :slight_smile:

Another web application that you might want to add is WaniKani Stats, which is similar to Kiko’s site, but a little more streamlined (and prettier, if you ask me).

Thanks for putting all these together.

pushindawood said... Another web application that you might want to add is WaniKani Stats, which is similar to Kiko's site, but a little more streamlined (and prettier, if you ask me).
 Is it just me or is that page not working?
BFBullpup said... Is it just me or is that page not working?
 Working fine for me.  The "Progress" tab takes ages to load for me (probably because of my level), but other than that, it's all dandy.

@BFBullpup
added all three, thank you

@ads17
thank you, i didn’t realize. fixed.

@pushindawood
added

I don’t know if it applies but you can put my Wan-ki template up.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/587581591

You should add duendecat in web apps. http://duendecat.com/

And be loyal by adding Viet’s One Kanji a Day. http://one.kanji.website/

1 Like
pushindawood said...
BFBullpup said... Is it just me or is that page not working?
 Working fine for me.  The "Progress" tab takes ages to load for me (probably because of my level), but other than that, it's all dandy.
 I just tried it on Opera instead of my usual Chrome browser and it worked perfectly.  Thanks for setting me straight.  I have a question of my own but will post it in the correct thread so I don't hijack this one.

Timeline:  Places a timeline for upcoming reviews on the dashboard screen.  This is a standalone version for people who don’t want to run the WK Customizer.  It also has some improvements over that version.  (It takes a few seconds to load, depending on WK server speed.)

DotDotDot Expander:  Replaces truncated English answers with full text on certain screens (e.g. “Annual Rev…”  –> “Annual Revenue”).

Level Duration: Shows the number of days since your last level-up. (You have to level up once before script shows anything).

1 Like
rfindley said... Timeline:  Places a timeline for upcoming reviews on the dashboard screen.  This is a standalone version for people who don't want to run the WK Customizer.  It also has some improvements over that version.  (It takes a few seconds to load, depending on WK server speed.)

DotDotDot Expander:  Replaces truncated English answers with full text on certain screens (e.g. "Annual Rev..."  --> "Annual Revenue").

Level Duration: Shows the number of days since your last level-up. (You have to level up once before script shows anything).
 For Timeline I looked at the code and I don't feel confident it prevents the issues of timeout from the other version which make it unusable after level 40 unless both your connection and WK are in a good mood.
meneldal said...
 For Timeline I looked at the code and I don't feel confident it prevents the issues of timeout from the other version which make it unusable after level 40 unless both your connection and WK are in a good mood.
 Good to know... I hadn't heard of that issue.  I'm working on a highly improved version anyway, so maybe I'll re-mention it here when it's done.  I'm integrating it with a bigger data framework that caches lots of data to eliminate the vast majority of API calls that various scripts require.
rfindley said...
DotDotDot Expander:  Replaces truncated English answers with full text on certain screens (e.g. "Annual Rev..."  --> "Annual Revenue").

Links to WK forum threads:   DotDotDot and Level Duration.

Great list Shotgunlagoon

Thanks for all the work putting it together

1 Like
rfindley said... Good to know... I hadn't heard of that issue.  I'm working on a highly improved version anyway, so maybe I'll re-mention it here when it's done.  I'm integrating it with a bigger data framework that caches lots of data to eliminate the vast majority of API calls that various scripts require.
 Can you link to the thread that has the code base for this?
(I'm assuming you are sharing it...)
I dont want to hijack this thread.

thanks for putting it all together, some of my favourites are there :slight_smile:

Ooh, thanks. I’m overly excited about these. As soon as I get a new laptop, some of these will be mine! Yay. 

thank you everyone. if anyone wants to help me figure out a way to arrange this list, message me on line in the wk chat group or privately, because right now it’s arranged by how recently the thread was active, and that’s not really the best way to do it. i don’t want to arrange it by how useful i find something because that’s horribly subjective, and alphabetically is equally useless. i was planning on putting similar items together, but there’s a lot of wiggle room so…

rfindley said...
meneldal said...
 Good to know... I hadn't heard of that issue.  I'm working on a highly improved version anyway, so maybe I'll re-mention it here when it's done.  I'm integrating it with a bigger data framework that caches lots of data to eliminate the vast majority of API calls that various scripts require.
 Until then, here's a simple though inelegant fix... replace the api_calls and api_colors definitions with the following:

api_calls = ['radicals', 'kanji', 'vocabulary/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25', 'vocabulary/26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50'];

api_colors = ['#0096e7', '#ee00a1', '#9800e8', '#9800e8'];

Or you can break it into smaller chunks, but this seems to work for me.
gth99 said... Until then, here's a simple though inelegant fix... replace the api_calls and api_colors definitions with the following:

api_calls = ['radicals', 'kanji', 'vocabulary/1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25', 'vocabulary/26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50'];

api_colors = ['#0096e7', '#ee00a1', '#9800e8', '#9800e8'];

Or you can break it into smaller chunks, but this seems to work for me.
 What does the change to 'api_colors' do?  I'm assuming it needs to be accompanied by a change to some 'for' loops too, otherwise I don't think the 4th color will ever be accessed.

In the mean time, I've added your change to api_calls.  Thanks for the tip!
[EDIT: there was also a condition "++counted == 3" that needed to be updated to "++counted == api_calls.length".  Otherwise, the displayed data is inaccurate.]