The JLPT 2021 Thread (RESULTS OUT NOW!)

Taking the N3 in December having never taken a JLPT exam before. I have a good feeling I’ll get it though :stuck_out_tongue: confidence is key!

7 Likes

Hey @NicoleIsEnough did you get an e-mail or something that your registration was succesful? I’ve now seen on their website that the Düsseldorf JLPT is already fully booked, and since I didn’t hear anything from them, I guess my registration forms arrived too late :confused:

3 Likes

Wow, that was quick! I thought i was early, registering last Sunday (for Vienna). Just got my invoice. Maybe yours will come soon?

2 Likes

Whut :exploding_head:

Yes, I got an email on Monday morning stating that I am enlisted. When did you post your form?

3 Likes

I sent it on Friday morning (filled everything out on Thursday but I don’t think it would have made a difference if I had sent it that evening). Kind of crazy that a Japanese test in December is fully booked in the middle of July lol

Last time I was also not fast enough, but I thought / hoped that wouldn’t be the case now. Well, more time for studying, I guess

3 Likes

I had to send my registration to Zurich instead since that’s the next most convenient place for me to take the JLPT that isn’t fully booked yet but they already told me that if they have to restrict the number of participants because of covid-related regulations, I might not be able to take the exam after all (I’m guessing those who sent in their registration first get priority in that case)…I guess all I can do is hope for the best :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I sent mine on Thursday so it was a close call if you did not get in…

Most German mailboxes get emptied around 5pm or 6pm (it’s written on them), and if your letter is in it by then, they promise :sweat_smile: that it will be delivered the next day. If it was later than that, then it’s the same as if you inserted it on the next day.

I did not expect this to happen so quickly at all! I mean, usually it’s 500 spots for all 5 levels in Düsseldorf, but this time it’s 250 spots for N1+N2 only. So I thought it would not get filled up so fast because it’s actually more seats than normal. But then again, JLPT doesn’t take place for these levels in Stuttgart, and doesn’t take place at all in lots of other nearby venues, so there is probably much more pressure…

3 Likes

I study Japanese in my free time so I don’t have any huge pressure for passing levels… but even still.

I got my N4 certificate like three years ago! I got it, then wanted to take my time working on N3 stuff so skipped a year of test. Then I planned to take the N3 last year and BAM. Everything was cancelled.

So hopefully I will finally be taking the N3 this year in December in Los Angeles. I’ve definitely studied everything but then my reviewing of stuff hasn’t been kept up this past year at all.

I’m just trying to cram and redo a lot of stuff now, though. I dropped my WK level back down to 20 recently. I deleted all my N3 progress on 文プロ and going through it fresh again. All that information should be up there swimming around in this old noggin’ of mine, it’s just a matter of being able to get access to it or not. Good luck everyone! お互いに応援しましょう

7 Likes

Hello. I plan to take N3 in December this year. Just wanted to know is there any dedicated N3 thread where we can discuss grammar or other test related stuff? This thread seem too generic for my purpose. Thanks.

2 Likes

I tried searching and didn’t see anything exactly like what you’re asking for. Buuuuut if you went ahead and made a new post, I wouldn’t mind joining in on the discussion. :eyes:

1 Like

If you want to mainly study grammar and discuss stuff, the Tobira study group might also be interesting for you.

4 Likes

Interestingly, the pandemic situation is getting worse in my country. Even the Thai’s JLPT official website post a warning that “Register JLPT test this December at your own risk” lol

2 Likes

Oh, I got an e-mail this morning from the VHS Düsseldorf, I did get in :partying_face: And I was pretty much 100% sure I was too late since they already put it on their website that they’re fully booked

7 Likes

Hey, excellent! :tada:
Maybe they put up the note when they are nearing the high water mark already, because they know there will be some in the mail still :woman_shrugging:
Anyways, a digital application would make things probably sliiiightly easier :thinking:

3 Likes

Yeah, my application in Vienna was 100% by e-mail, thankfully :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For people planning to take the test in the US, the information has been updated. Registration opens on August 23rd. I don’t know when the list of testing sites got trimmed down so this may not be a surprise, but it’s currently 2/3rds the number of listed sites (11 of 17).

5 Likes

We should be getting the results from the July test sometime soon, right? It says on the jees site we should get them early August.

1 Like

True. Not necessarily early, but certainly in Aug. Online, at least. And hardcopy certs should be ready around Oct.
Still remember your password for online check?

1 Like

I mistook 9 as August! So yeah… I’m a month ahead haha.

For some reason I can NEVER remember my password :joy: It seems like I have more time to figure it out though!

2 Likes

Can I sign up for 2 JLPT at the same time?

I’m thinking about signing up for N3 and N2 and see how far can I go at the end of November.