The 0/0 Streak Challenge

What’s your max speed? My last level was my fastest, 3 days 20 hours, but I know people can go faster. Your last 20 levels can go really fast if you’re doing max speed on the fast levels (they’ll be hell tho lol)

4 Likes

By now my max speed is 6 days 20 hrs, no fast levels yet - maybe 43 will be. Upd… I’ve performed a reset to 21 in august, so now it is 42

3 Likes

Best of luck, going max speed on the fast levels is totally different from the regular ones… regular levels, you just need to review radicals and the second set of kanji as soon as they pop up, and finish the rest of the kanji relatively quickly. But on the fast levels, you have to do all the kanji as soon as they pop up for max speed, since there is no second set. Lot more late night alarms if you wanna really go max speed. (Not to say you have to do a level in under 4 days, though. Just if you want to haha)

2 Likes

Yay! Finally able to get rid of the backlog, now let’s keep it that way. It is hard to focus on wanikani and the Japanese lessons I’m taking as well, though every time I recognise a kanji in class thanks to wanikani is really motivating :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Now 2/2 on the level streak. Feels good~!

10 Likes

It really works, every time when I manage to combine words from Wanikani (written image) and elsewhere hearing (like Pimsleur or live news etc) these words become obvious in Wanikani

1 Like

Here for my yearly check in:

Don’t expect to be back here for a while with how slowly I typically do lessons now

14 Likes

Dude, how’d you get a regular title (if you’re not really one) :rofl:? A whim of Koichi’s?

1 Like

Im a noob here, but how does one get a title at all?

3 Likes

After breaking the initial streak on level 14 it looks like I’m back in the game:

zero-zero

Thanks again to the fellow durtles cheering me up back then :yellow_heart:

11 Likes

So first rule if you want one - don’t ask about it.
And it’s the WaniKani team that can give a title. A real title (not a durtle, which can be displayed at the same spot) is unique and given to you by one of the mods. I think in the past, early 2010s, especially Koichi was a lot more active on the forums and the community was a lot smaller as well. People who stuck out more could receive a title just ike that. But they decide it completely random and have fun with it so you could never plan on getting one. From my experience most titles are basically just running gags. People still get titles today, but a lot less I believe.

3 Likes

@Edzin

Regular is different, and can be earned =)

Regular requires you to within the last 100 days: (minimum) visit half of them, read 20.000 posts, 403 topics, post in 10 topics, give and receive some likes, be good (don’t get 5 posts flagged).

It takes effort, but is granted automatically.
But it is only the only achievement you can loose again!
I lost it cause I dipped under 403 topics (regained it again next day)

Also, it is forum only. You can be a non paying lvl 1 with zero lessons completed, yet still have Regular status =)

Script to help track progress: Wanikani Forum: Regular Tracker
More info about the script or if you have any questions about it: Kumirei's Userscripts

4 Likes

Basically what she said :point_up_2: (hi @Abstormal!)

It wasn’t that hard to achieve regular with how active the community used to be too…

2 Likes

The issue is the mismatch between the title and the badge. If you click on the user round icon badges will show up. You will see a Member badge but the title says Regular. Which is it?

3 Likes

Last friday I had 1500+ reviews which had sat there for over a year ughghg

So I’m determined to make this is the beginning of a streak

17 Likes

Level 33 0/0 ~

13 Likes

this one was a little harder lol

14 Likes

Challenge completed for level 35. A little too close to the deadline but managed to do everything on time. After this I’ll be done with half of the Hell levels.

13 Likes

Thanks proleau. @Abstormal, @MidnightOverlord this was also what got me confused. I assumed you were a member that got the title “Regular”.

3 Likes

Oh! I see!
Yeah, it does show on mine:

My guess is, if you set it as a title you get to keep the “title” even after you lost the status.

I did react to “how active the community used to be too…”, past tense. So guess they had it in the past, set the title, didn’t keep up with it =)

2 Likes