The 0/0 Streak Challenge

My first 0/0 in probably 3 months?? Woohooooo :smiley:

6 Likes

Hit the goal early this time. Still have about two days before I finish out the level.

5 Likes

Cattura

Yeeeeeeeeee

(wait why am I at level 41 but my smol blue icon still says 40 yooo it’s trolling me)

5 Likes

If you log out from the forums and log in again it should update itself properly.

I did it. After the first 5-6 levels this is the first time I touched the 0 lessons mark.

7 Likes

Yay! Finally finished the formidable level 5 lessons! Hopefully can remember everything.

9 Likes

Level 33!
Even the tab situation is under better control

8 Likes

FIFY :stuck_out_tongue:

(As if I should say anything… *clears throat and slinks away*)

1 Like

久しぶり!

10 Likes

Hopefully I stay at 0/0 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Decided to jump on the bandwagon, given that I just started with premium yesterday. Hope it’ll stick!

9 Likes

I was kept out of Hell for nearly a week by that.

Still going strong.

9 Likes

I have no problem maintaining a 0/0. I DO have a problem getting beyond Guru regularly though.
falling-down

7 Likes

Was waiting for a few days to clean up my leeches before I did my 65 lessons, but now that I’ve finally done them, I have 0/0 again! Yay!

8 Likes

Definitely counts this time.

11 Likes

No, It is better to divide the lessons! Aim for zero lessons at least once per level, twice if possible (I get all done before guruing radicals, and try do the new vocab I get from guruing kanji in batches so I have zero again before level up (not counting the new vocab from second batch of kanji)

Aim for zero reviews daily though =)
The world won’t go under if you can’t do them before bed, but do them all next day then, don’t let them slip longer than a day. It is better for retention, and build ups causes stress that also hurts retention =P

My 0/0 of level 25. 25/25 streak going =)

8 Likes

I don’t know how you full speed levelers do it. When I get like fifty things added that I don’t know well yet, I just get discouraged.
I tip my hat to you!

1 Like

I worked it out like this and it keeps me going at fastest levelling (or would if I was could time my lessons earlier in the day, but it’s got me at 7-8 day levels around work and never doing more than 30 lessons on the worst day):

On day 1 of new radicals, do all of them and no more; only as many new kanji as necessary to fill out the 5 lesson set with the last of the radicals. Day 2, do only half (say 15) of the new kanji, because I don’t want to load up on new kanji as they tend to be harder than vocab. Day 3, do the remaining 10ish kanji and maybe some vocab, probably 5-10 depending on how much is available. Day 4 do remaining vocab lessons.

Day 4/5 Is when the radicals will get to guru and I try to do the new kanji lessons as soon as I guru them. The only lessons you’ll have are the new kanji from these radicals so it should be about 7, again not too much. From there you’ll guru your day 2 kanji and unlock vocab, a moderate amount per day. If you do 20ish lessons a day you should be fine.

The big day is when you guru the last of the kanji when it rolls around to day 1, because you have the newly unlocked vocab and the next level radicals to do; but radicals require less effort because no readings and usually this will only be 30 lessons. Never a huge stack of new material, evenly paced, and the only caveat is that you do reviews as frequently as possible and don’t get much or anything wrong.

But it is doable without any mass lesson spamming. It took me 18 levels to come down from 3 weeks per level to 1, but I gradually increased the pace and now this is comfortable and my accuracy hasn’t taken a particularly noticeable hit.

Random long post but yeah, it’s not impossible like I thought once that it might be.

5 Likes

When I get new items, that I never seen before, but they make sense and relate well to the kanji with straight forward reading I get very exited! =D

But then there are those that just don’t make sense at all…
“You run at full speed and see a dock, so naturally that means hypocrite”… err… what? (not an actual example, but this is what it feels like when I can’t connect the items properly, even through the mnemonic =P )
When I get too many of those I get discouraged D=

I also never do 50 lessons a day, usually 20 actually.

2 Likes