Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 1

I totally relate to pluses but still maybe I’ll learn through suffering. :sweat_smile:

that’s where us lurking parasites come in :laughing:
but no worries, I’m the friendly type, I don’t tend to kill the hosts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@reyhanozakkas
fair point there…

2 Likes

I keep getting this error message from Kobo when I try to buy a book.
can anyone help?

A couple of questions:

• Do you already have a Kobo account that you are signed into?
  • Do you have a Japanese address set as your shipping address?

The error mentions your “mail address” already being in use, but I don’t know if that means physical mailing address, or e-mail address.

Yes to both questions, which is why I was confused. I put a random adress but nothing detailed and my personal email and phone number :thinking:

Do you have a separate non-Japanese Kobo account using the same e-mail address?

got it solved! I looked the error code up and it turned out that I can’t purchase the ebook from that website. Apparently there are 2 websites , Racoten books and Racoten Kobo. I tried again with the other website and it worked :+1:t2: (and yes, I had an account that I made forever ago and completely forgot about it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:)

Thanks for your help :relaxed:

2 Likes

I had that same problem too a long time ago, and forgot all about it. Glad to hear it’s working! Now you have no excuse not to read along starting in May =D

1 Like

Gonna be joining in for this one. Looking forward!

4 Likes

Just an FYI in case anyone is interested それでも歩は寄せてくる (vol 1) a book by the same author mentioned earlier by @ChristopherFritz in this thread is free to download on bookwalker right now until 4-22-2021 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Even better, get the list of words ready, paste it into the Kitsun Reader, and there you just need to click the words and create cards for them out of the dictionary. No need to be copy-pasting and searching all the time.

Adding the tags for chapter and week should be pretty quick as well. Another thing u guys could do is making the index number be the page number and then order the lessons by the index of the deck. That way it would make sure that people learn the words in the proper order.

Yeah, the to-do list is just enormous… :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, if you guys collect a list, check for duplicates, then use the Kitsun reader to paste the list into it and just go through adding them with the dictionary… :ok_hand: The biggest time-consuming thing would be getting the list itself in my opinion.

2 Likes

Btw, will there be a read aloud sessions for this? I saw it for some books here and I would greatly appreciate if someone experienced do/organize this kind of thing. (I would have if I can but I definitely don’t know enough)

1 Like

Got my copy. I’m excited! The first time is always memorable, even it’s initially a bit difficult

4 Likes

Also got my copy today, had to order it into my local Kinokuniya but it arrived early. I’ve also roped a friend into joining me and got them a copy =D

5 Likes

I made some flashcards on the Memrise app. Learning more than 100 words a week isn’t practical for my brain so I chose 35 or so of the more common words from Chapter 1. If anyone is interested let me know and I’ll open it up to the public.

2 Likes

I was just looking for a roadmap the other day. I knew there was a lot going into it but I had no idea how long the list was.

If vegetal is making a deck, I probably won’t make my own but I’m happy to help with the list and I’ll keep your advice in mind when I do end up making a bookclub deck.

1 Like

How come the title is からかい上手の高木さん? Wanikani says that 上手 is a な-adjective, so I would have guessed that the title would be からかい上手な高木さん.

If I can’t understand the title, I won’t be able to understand the book very well😀

What is Genki 1 and why do we need it?

上手 is also a noun, and you use の particle to separate nouns.

Both mean basically the same thing, in my opinion. I’ve seen this usage of の mainly in titles (it looks fancier). な seems to be more descriptive, while の is more category/factual :thinking:

Some sources:

there is an anime"からかい上手の高木さん" . why we use 上手の instead of 上手な? | HiNative (In Japanese)
The Guide to Na-Adjectives and "So-Called" No-Adjectives

6 Likes

I’ll start working on some anki decks for each chapter - I’ll share a link here if I remember :smiley:

1 Like