🐌🏖 Team Snails on Vacation 🐌🏖

Share photos on the POLLs, like saiba does

2 Likes

I’m trying to improve my pace a bit, I’ll still trail along slowly. :snail:

5 Likes

Add yourself to the leaderboard! It’ll be nice to see someone on 60 there, and you’re closest :blush:

2 Likes

Alright I added myself to it. :turtle:

Started doing 10 vocab lessons per day after the kanji of last level, so I’ll see how much that shaves this level. I’ll keep doing 5 kanji per day when those are available.

8 Likes

Level 29! 12 days 15 hours. Just one more level before my second big lessons break! Still… 121 lessons this time…

I also tidied up the leaderboard a little bit.

6 Likes

I’ve been on this level for 51 days now, but I don’t think I’ve yet announced my level up here.

clears throat

I LEVELED UP!!
After 961 days and 15 hours and a huge pile of reviews accumulated during off-spells from WK. :partying_face: :tada: Hooray! Time for cake - and probably a month before next level up. n__n

8 Likes

Good job mate :clinking_glasses: cheers also for my favourite pokemon :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Truly, anji is the most snail that ever snailed
An example of perseverance

2 Likes

Leveled up just now, inching closer to the end. Always rough to get like 100+ lessons available immediately after leveling, but I’ll chip at it bit by bit. Almost got back to 0/0 in like a long ass time.

I did shave off like 1-2 weeks off just by upping my vocab lessons, so it took me less than 3 weeks.

6 Likes

I feel so honored :sneezing_face: :grin:

@hansenmanuel slowpoke cheers :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Only took a week to go through the vocab lessons and add the first kanji to the review pile. Now I can slow down a bit too snail through the rest. :snail:

1 Like

Halleluja. After 39 days I’ve finally left level 21. I had to get some leeches under control… I never had any space left in my apprentice pile for new lessons and it was getting ridiculous. But I’m hoping I’ve sorted myself out a bit. I don’t mind going slowly (I love snails after all) but a few swifter levels would be preferable for motivation :slight_smile:
You are the very (and only) people that know how it feels so I hope you don’t mind me telling you! No one in real life would know what on earth I was on about.
Onward, fellow molluscs :snail:

7 Likes

Level 30! 17 days 22 hours. And now for a bit of explaining about how I’m doing WK.

So I signed up and started leveling up normally. Fast forward to level 16 when I was getting swamped with reviews, and took a 4-month lesson break - that was by far my slowest level, 128 days. When I finally felt ready to restart lessons and reach level 17, I noticed it was about an year after I subscribed. I also saw that I would have to do it again, and decided to do it at 30 and 45, to round things up nicely. And now I am at level 30. I actually stopped doing lessons a few days ago, as soon as I unlocked all the current level’s kanji. I therefore predict that I will reach level 60 at late 2023. No more lessons for me until April 2nd 2022, but I will of course keep coming to this thread at least once a week to see how y’all are doing.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m alive! I mean, I’m hanging in there. After I started my new job I couldn’t keep up with Wanikani anymore, and things just kind of piled up and overwhelmed me. I started college a few weeks ago and decided to take a Japanese class (yay!) I’m actually enjoying it so much, even though it is already quite challenging. Anyway, that class gave me the push I needed to start Wanikani again. I came back to over 300 reviews and was very close to just saying “fuck it, I will never get through those after over 2 months of not doing anything, I probably forgot every single one”. BUT! I thought just starting is better than nothing, and that’s exactly what I did.

Over the last three days I pushed through and am happy to report that I’m now at 0 reviews. Wasn’t sure if I would actually be able to do it, but it feels very rewarding and I also realized just how good mnemonics really are since there were many Kanji that I still remembered.

I’m happy to get started again, but for now I’ll just keep reviewing before tackling those 53 lessons (those would probably be too much, I’m still re-remembering the old ones…)

Hope everyone is having a happy snail time! :snail:

6 Likes

Hello st3lla! Nice to see that you didn’t drop WK :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: hope everything is going ok with new job and college
Also I changed my username during your absence, I used to be Bruno

2 Likes

Level 30 - halfway to the cake! Blazing up the on-ramp to hell at 40 days per level.

6 Likes

Ahh… I was a true snail this time. I had a very busy June, which kind of put me off track for the rest of the summer, much of which ended up being spent on vacation mode. But with the start of September, I knew it was time to get back into things. I’m slowly integrating WaniKani back into my day now, and I have this morning reached level 11 after… 102 days and 17 hours. Better late than never lol!

7 Likes

Took around the same amount of time to level up again, 19 days and something. Already did my lessons for today, so I’ll inch ever close to the end. :sloth:

5 Likes

Oooooh! Will you look at that, right on schedule!
28 days since writing this post, I’ve finally leveled up.

Since there’s no backlog anymore, I’ll probably be able to level up slightly faster next time. Let’s give a wild guess of… 9 weeks until level 35! (sweating just at the thought of such an intense speed up :sweat_drops:)

5 Likes

Hello, new team snail back of the pack member here :snail: My previous level (level 7) took me 29 days so I’m definitely taking the scenic route to level 60. I’m good with that, teaches me persistence.

5 Likes