Tampermonkey "Wanikani Exporter" Script

Hi guys, I’m just wondering if anybody knows what this script does? I figured it was used for exporting vocab or something, but I haven’t noticed any differences anywhere since I installed it.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/173964

Installing a script whose function you don’t know is never a good idea.

Looks like a half-finished script, it adds a JS function but I don’t see it getting called from anywhere.

Well it’s from Alucardeck so he’ll probably pop in when he sees this :slight_smile:

Hey,

I was a bit bored, so here’s my interpretation of the information he wanted to get (albeit presented slightly differently):

If you want to try it out, feel free to download the html here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ft8393cnin6822v/WaniKani_Exporter_final.html, but I doubt it’s really useful :P.

Basically, it retrieves all the radicals, kanji and vocabulary that you’ve learned so far. Within each category, the characters are separated by SRS level: 
0 = Apprentice
1 = Guru
2 = Master
3 = Enlightened
4 = Burned.

I did it a bit differently than Alucardeck  since I used the WaniKani API, and I started from the JavaScript code on this page http://www.alymma.com/wani/wani.html which gives you a graph of your level progression.

Note that I had to change the background color to that ugly one because some radicals are actually white images, so you can’t see them on a white background.

EDIT: Updated the image.

Wait, who said you can install all my scripts? hahah
it was a test, i abandon it (for now, once its finished i will publish for you guys)

the reason of this script was to generate a row of a spreadsheet that i use to map my progress on WK.
i am figuring out a way to do a reverse mapping of all your past items, it will not be 100% accurate, but possible with some logic.
but i will still ask Viet if its possible to make a new API method with logs of success/wrong items, so i read it and make this spreadsheet.

i have a local script with more information and export button, i will just upload when i finish the first release…

in the end you will have something like this (this is just a rough draft):

alucardeck said... Wait, who said you can install all my scripts? hahah
it was a test, i abandon it (for now, once its finished i will publish for you guys)

the reason of this script was to generate a row of a spreadsheet that i use to map my progress on WK.
i am figuring out a way to do a reverse mapping of all your past items, it will not be 100% accurate, but possible with some logic.
but i will still ask Viet if its possible to make a new API method with logs of success/wrong items, so i read it and make this spreadsheet.

i have a local script with more information and export button, i will just upload when i finish the first release..

I don't understand the table nor the graphic. :(
Juichiro said...
alucardeck said... Wait, who said you can install all my scripts? hahah

i have a local script with more information and export button, i will just upload when i finish the first release..

I don't understand the table nor the graphic. :(
 Ah well, it would be explained in the release...

but a quick explanation about my print:

First pic:
you have to consider that it will add one line each day that is why we have a Date column there.

from left to right columns.
L = your level
Date = date of data collecting

"Radical Group",  indicates the number of Radicals that you have actually in each level
A = Apprentice
G = Guru
M = Master
E = Enligh
B = Burned

same for "Kanji group" and "Vocab group"

the fourth group is "Total", just a sum of collected data of first 3 groups.
and in the last part we have the % of Mastered (and above) Kanji/Vocabs, and % of Burned Kanji/Vocabs.

and the second pic is about the sum of all your items (Rad+Kan+Voc), using WK colors, indicating your progress each day.

but of course, having the main data on the first pic... you can create any graphic you want to (the 2nd pic was just an example of possible graphic), that is why its called "Exporter", so users can make anything with it

Do they collect any data like review history, so we could accurately create a version of this that could look in your past?

Senjougahara said... Do they collect any data like review history?
 it will collect on fly, however i cannot guarantee accuracy of your past levels..  unless i can convince Viet to add a method in its API to give your review history (of success at least)...  but i am not sure if he save this on database.

that is the reason i didnt go further in this script yet.
right now i can check when you unlocked each item and burned it, also i can presume when you Guru'd it for the first time.
however i dont have a good way to know when you got it wrong, or achieve other levels, so it will not be accurate to make the full history.

Awesome! This was what I really looking for at the beginning of my Japanese class because I wanted to compare it in a spreadsheet against my textbook’s vocabulary and figure out how many things I needed to learn before we got to those chapters. I’m finishing the class tomorrow, but this is still really interesting info :slight_smile:

dfdeagle47 said......
 Thanks! This is perfect for pasting into Excel and then using spaces to automatically separate them into individual items ^_^