Supplemental Learning Material

Hey WaniKani fam, I’ve been going through the reviews and I couldn’t help but think that I should be supplementing my studies on here with other materials as well. I’ve learned hiragana and already have a great source to learn katakana, but I’m sure I need to study grammar and other facets of the language and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to start. Thanks for any help, it’s truly appreciated!

1 Like

Have a look here and see what suits

3 Likes

This should pretty much cover everything

In terms of grammar, I’m personally using Genki I but I’ve heard good things about Bunpro (which is free). Also, look into KaniWani. It’s really great for vocabulary retention especially as your progress into the higher levels.

Edit: Ha, @Rowena beat me by a minute

1 Like

Snap!

(With some extra text added to make it 10 characters long :confused:)

2 Likes

I don’t know why people always leave this out:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/the-what-do-i-do-now-thread-free-resource-list/6534?u=animecanuck

It’s free stuff!

1 Like

For grammar, I’m really digging Tae Kim’s book. It’s laid out really well, but I don’t see it get recommended that often. I borrowed it free on Kindle, but it’s only like $10 to buy. Basically, as I work through each section, I make a few SRS Flashcards for each topic. I haven’t been doing it for long, but feel like this is going to be what teaches me to conjugate verbs and recognize adjectives in the wild.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.