Supplemental Learning Material

Hey WaniKani fam, I’ve been going through the reviews and I couldn’t help but think that I should be supplementing my studies on here with other materials as well. I’ve learned hiragana and already have a great source to learn katakana, but I’m sure I need to study grammar and other facets of the language and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to start. Thanks for any help, it’s truly appreciated!

Have a look here and see what suits

This should pretty much cover everything

In terms of grammar, I’m personally using Genki I but I’ve heard good things about Bunpro (which is free). Also, look into KaniWani. It’s really great for vocabulary retention especially as your progress into the higher levels.

Edit: Ha, @Rowena beat me by a minute

Snap!

(With some extra text added to make it 10 characters long :confused:)

I don’t know why people always leave this out:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/the-what-do-i-do-now-thread-free-resource-list/6534?u=animecanuck&source_topic_id=24276

It’s free stuff!

For grammar, I’m really digging Tae Kim’s book. It’s laid out really well, but I don’t see it get recommended that often. I borrowed it free on Kindle, but it’s only like $10 to buy. Basically, as I work through each section, I make a few SRS Flashcards for each topic. I haven’t been doing it for long, but feel like this is going to be what teaches me to conjugate verbs and recognize adjectives in the wild.