Study routine concerns

@ccookf, Skirtter is a service I would recommend, but it is important to keep a few things in mind before you go for it, if you do.

About Skritter

1. It’s expensive if you pay month-on-month ($14.99/month), but cheaper for longer term plans such as yearly ($8.33/month), or biennially ($7.50/month).

2. There are two versions:

• Skritter 1.0, AKA “Legacy”.
    In Browser, it works well, looks like it was made in the 90’s (in browser), and apparently has more settings. Because of the aesthetics, I do not use this version in browser.
    On Mobile, it is stable, and the writing is almost always a joy to do. This is the one I use on Android.

• Skritter 2.0 which is still in Beta.
    In browser, it looks much more modern and stable. I use this one in browser.
    On Mobile, looks more modern, but is not a great writing experience yet on Android as they are ironing out the bugs. I do not use this one on mobile.

• Skritter 2.0 is the default in browser, Skritter 1.0 is the default in Google Play, so the good news is that as long as you don’t actively choose to join the beta on Android, you will have the best experience you can get on both platforms by doing nothing :slight_smile:

3.The best experience would be on a tablet with a pen (I use a passive stylus which works great, so you don’t need a fancy tablet).

1. It uses SRS

Wanikani Integration
There is no direct WaniKani integration. However, there are WaniKani lists on Skritter, which means you can study the WaniKani stuff at your own pace. What I do is load the Kanji list and the Vocab list separately (because it gives me more control) and then I can choose from which lists(s) it adds to my learning queue as I learn more words. I also exclude levels I have not reached in WK from learning. This is easy to do as you just need to uncheck the levels you don’t want, not individual Kanji and Vocab.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes