Spy x Family | Week 5 Discussion

Mission : 5

Start Date: July 16th
Previous week: Week 4

Spy x Family Home Thread
Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Discussion Guidelines

• Please blur out major events in the current week’s pages, and any content from later in the book/series, like this: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler]

• When asking for help, please mention the page number (or % for eBooks).

• To you lurkers out there: join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

6 Likes

Man, work’s been so busy I fell behind again. And this is the last week. This is a pretty poor showing for my first time joining the Intermediate Book Club :sweat: But I’m caught up now! And I’m going to keep on trucking today and finish it!

8 Likes

Done! Three chapters read in one day! And I filled out the vocabulary sheet :triumph:

14 Likes

お疲れさまでした!Good effort everyone! Definitely one of the harder reads, but I enjoyed going through it with everyone. Looking forward to the next book.

7 Likes

Well that was fun. On to volume 2!

I guess I only really have one question… the very last line やいかに. I guess it means “how”? But I’m not sure what the whole meaning is… Especially with the すこしだけs before and no question mark.

Is there an offshoot club organised yet?

(I should stress, I am not volunteering to run one. I would be terrible. Barely managing to run own life at present.)

2 Likes

I read it yesterday. I don’t want to run it but sounds fun.

3 Likes