Spy x Family (Intermediate Book Club)

For the home thread because it’s not relevant to any of the chapters:

Just heard 「たそがれ」 in a song, and it took me a second to realize why it sounded familiar lol.

4 Likes

The last week’s thread is live!

8 Likes

Wait, it’s over already? I was away for basically the whole thing?

6 Likes

It was a fast read, eh!? It was over before I knew it, too, and I was here for the whole thing. :rofl:

4 Likes

Same :smiling_face_with_tear:
This is the manga I was the most excited for too, but still missed everything after the first week cuz of life :sob:
Hopefully I can catch up this week.

8 Likes

Relateable. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The week is almost over and I hope that most of you had the chance to finish the last chapter, if not please don’t feel pressured by this post, the threads aren’t going anywhere!

If you are using Natively remember to add it to your read list and grade it!

Did you finish the first volume?
  • I finished it
  • I’m still reading and I plan on finishing it
  • I don’t plan to finish it
  • I never even started

0 voters

How would you rate the volume? (1: hated it, 5: loved it)
  • ★★★★★
  • ★★★★☆
  • ★★★☆☆
  • ★★☆☆☆
  • ★☆☆☆☆
  • Unsure

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate its difficulty?
  • No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Would you like to read the rest of the manga with the book club?
  • Yes, with a schedule
  • Yes, without a schedule
  • No

0 voters

The book club started quite strong and like always lost a lot of people after the first week, but kept a mostly steady amount of readers post week 2!

9 Likes

I’m not sure if my assessment of the difficulty is accurate or not, because i read the manga without going through it line by line. If i thought I got the gist of a word i didn’t know, I just moved on. I only looked things up if i was confused by a whole page.

But i really enjoyed the manga, and I definitely want to read the next volumes! If a book club or spin off book club reads more in the future I’ll definitely join!

7 Likes

I have finished it, but read too roughly for the first 2-3 chapters; but then didn’t re-read. However, if volume 2 club happens, I plan to join and read. (I read mission 7-10 only by skimming, and didn’t even understand the gist of it, but it looked very interesting. Much less interest in anime, however.)

2 Likes

There is at least some interest in a reading on. Would someone be up to host the club?

4 Likes

Hmm. I want there to be an offshoot club. If no one else puts their hand up, I could look at running it.

I’m a bit concerned that I’m not good enough at the forums to actually do this - I’ve never set up a poll, for instance! But I guess it’s a good way to learn.

There’s also going to be a time in mid-September when I think I’ll have no internet for 10 days, though I may be able to get online intermittently (I’ll be on a dive boat).

10 Likes

If you do take up leading the book club, there is now a resource that gives tips on running the clubs! And of course, anyone who runs a book club will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Just know that messing up a poll is basically a rite of passage, so don’t worry too much about that. :joy:

7 Likes

I’ll try to get an initial thread posted on my day off this Wednesday. Unless there’s any other volunteers to run the club??? :face_with_peeking_eye:

7 Likes

Im nearly good to go, but predictably having issues with the polls. I’m getting an error saying “There are multiple polls with the same name: version. Use the “name attribute to uniquely identify your polls.” I’m using a template but I thought I’d given different names. Help?

2 Likes

Check and make sure you have this part named differently:

3 Likes

Thanks - I did, but think I’ve found the error - there’s an extra bit at the end

2 Likes

Which template are you using out of curiosity? The ones from the Tips thread? If there’s something that needs fixed, would definitely like to get that taken care of so that it’s a simple copy-paste from there. That’s the whole intent of that thread, after all! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Ah, think I found the offending poll in that thread. I’m updating it now.

3 Likes

@Mods could you turn this thread into a wiki? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

No problem at all! Just made it into a wiki now.

4 Likes

Ok, finally, this saturday I could find the manga in a library in Dusseldorf. Better later than never as we say :laughing: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes