Speak with native Japanese speakers in VRChat

um, how to get to the world?

Oh wow, I was just in VRChat for the first time today! The first person I talked to had hiragana characters, so we talked Japanese. :slight_smile: Second person was Chinese, met him on the Titanic ship singing Celine Dion “My Heart Will Go On” in his Chinese accent.

I don’t use VR, but my friend does, and he was using his VR stuff today.

I will swing by, my name in there is the same as here. But I’m still a newbie. I was trying to say it was my first day, and I was like “Watashi no ichi-nichi”, and he was like “Wakarimasen…” ROFL!

5 Likes

Also, it is totally free, and I don’t use VR like I said. It was just a spontaneous decision this morning. Within 3 minutes of the idea, I was in the world choosing my avatar. I searched for “Japanese” and saw Japanese Shrine world.

1 Like

Nice one, I’ve been getting pretty addicted myself, probably put around 5 hours in just the last weekend. Playing in VR is just something else, I doubt I’d be that active if it wasn’t for that.

I’ll add you when I am in there again and show you the worlds I know that have a lot of Japanese people :smiley:

it’s only for Windows? No MAC version?

Correct. Probably because while it doesn’t require VR, it was still made for it primarily, and VR on mac is basically nonexistent.

can u add me too please? i really want to learn more japanese!

Added you @rakkun and @tiamo if you do have exactly those names in VRChat :smiley:

1 Like

Got my steam account reset, so now have an official VRChat one. Will add you again @rakkun @tiamo

thanks, but my user is nagine joshu
thank you very much!

1 Like

I need to learn a bit more to be at least conversational in Japanese. :slight_smile: I’ll be trying again in like a month.

Do you know any other popular Japanese VRChat servers? I tried the Japanese Shrine but there was no one on there.

Also, add me! SomewhatUnorthodox.

You’ll have to check what time is it in Japan :joy: Obviously night works best, but to my surprise I found a lot of people come in from as early as 6am till 9am and potentially longer. Best time to jump in is on weekends.

I found a few more, Japanese Town usually has a few hanging out as well. There is a new Sakura something world which has Japanese visit as well. Fantasy pub (still need to find the actual name) has seen a decline from my experience, but people do come around sometimes.

Oh cool I’ve been doing this for a while actually! It’s great to see this catching on with other WK members :slight_smile:

My name in-game is also the same as my forum name. I frequent most of the JP maps

1 Like

There’s two Onsen worlds and a village as well as a Kyoto world. Unfortunately VRChat doesn’t allow one to save or link to worlds, but just searching for keywords like “japan” and “Onsen” should bring up most of them.

1 Like

I didn’t find Onsen to have many JP users, so I stopped visiting it. Maybe it was just bad timing. Haven’t been to Kyoto world, I am checking that out!

Nice, I’ll see you there then :smiley:

This is actually a really cool idea. Had a quick play around and found Japan Town had quite a few natives and non natives speaking Japanese. Shrine was a bit of a mess with a Magikarp running around blasting music! xD

Anyway, I’ll add you guys tomorrow and hopefully see you online sometime! I definitely need to practice my speaking somehow!

1 Like

Shrine usually is much nicer compared to Japan Town, bigger ratio of JP to non-JP people. And just more intimate groups. But you never know, sometimes it’ll be fully populated by spanish or english speaking people. Sometimes annoying people. Anything can happen but on average its nicer than JP town

Ha, sorry we didn’t meet up! I have so many VRC friends now, didn’t realise you were online couple of times. I’ll join in next time I see you online, now that I remember the username

1 Like