Spaced_repetition_system_id backfill

Hi,

I have written a script that goes through my wanikani reviews and then updates beeminder with them. In the past few days however, it blew up to over a thousand reviews per day (the api page limit is 1000). Generally I filter by the updated_after parameter giving it the last 24 hours, but it looks like these were actually updated in the right time frame, they were just created much earlier. Example:

{
      "id": 858658477,
      "object": "review",
      "url": "https://api.wanikani.com/v2/reviews/858658477",
      "data_updated_at": "2020-06-15T12:28:35.253247Z",
      "data": {
        "created_at": "2019-11-15T16:22:02.287085Z",
        "assignment_id": 142746075,
        "subject_id": 3783,
        "spaced_repetition_system_id": 1,
        "starting_srs_stage": 4,
        "starting_srs_stage_name": "Apprentice IV",
        "ending_srs_stage": 5,
        "ending_srs_stage_name": "Guru I",
        "incorrect_meaning_answers": 0,
        "incorrect_reading_answers": 0
      }
    }

The field spaced_repetition_system_id isnā€™t present in the api docs, so Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s what is being backfilled.

Does anyone know more about this? Iā€™m going to have to change my script to filter out backfills client side, since thereā€™s no created_after endpoint parameter to filter them out with

I fell victim to this too with the Heatmap script. Viet said that they will make an announcement in a few days. You should be able to rely on the created_at timestamp to filter them out locally.

There is some more info in the pipeline 295787090669469698

4 Likes

ā€œno blowfish allowedā€ā€¦! Poor Fugu :tofugu:

2 Likes

Is there any perceived advantage of backfilling the passed_at dates? Neither the Heatmap script nor the Timemachine showed any changes.

Filling them in would change the Timemachine for some old items, since not all items have passed_at timestamps. Other than that I canā€™t think of any application that would be affected. Iā€™m sure itā€™s mostly for internal purposes

1 Like