So this is what going full speed looks like:

25 Likes

Terrifying. :scream:

6 Likes

are you going for a perfect run?

also which script does that to the forecast?

4 Likes

Wanikani forecast details user script

What do you mean by perfect run?

3 Likes

thank you!!

like every single level at the maximum speed possible

also, terribly sorry I forgot to say

What an undertaking! I’m impressed

1 Like

Typically I had anything from 350-450 on any given day lvl 30+ I’d guess. Can’t check since the script is broken. Probably averaged 400 ish.

Now I’m at 500 a week, which is vacation.

Good God and I quietly complain when the number is greater than 100 in a whole day…

Kudos to you for keeping that insane pace!!

6 Likes

Nice script. I would want to let Review accumulate, unless it is critical to level up. Just to know when to give time.

Yes, I’ve been going through every level at the maximum(ish) speed. At this rate I will reach level 60 in 2 to 3 weeks.

3 Likes

You can make it! Ganbatte!

cheerpengins

2 Likes

Will you concentrate more on any other resources once you get to level 60? I’m just interested in what people move on to post level 60 wanikani

1 Like

Honestly, I’d highly recommend that people start transitioning to non-WK resources before they reach level 60. Just realized I forgot to add that to my level 60 post… That’s part of why I don’t personally recommend going full speed, because if you do, by the time you make it to 60, WK will be basically monopolizing your time/energy for studying, and it’ll just make that transition harder. I think most people find it hard to deal with a lot of sudden change in their study habits, so it’s a good idea to introduce changes gradually.

For me personally, I’ve already been using Anki for over two years, and I’m just going to add more and more flash cards there as my WK workload continues to taper off.

19 Likes

Yes, I will probably dedicate more time to reading and grammar.

1 Like

I reckon your advice is very good for most Wanikani users. As some the other people who did it full speed I decided to do it this way because I currently have a lot of free time and I like the challenge. Furthermore my neuro divergent brain works in such way that it is actually easier for me to endure a short period of intense work than a long period of mild work.

3 Likes

HAHA! I had been going ~<50 apprentice and just started flooring it to max. Let’s go!

2 Likes

I strongly agree with this as I have seen people post about reaching level 60, but having to reset cause they never studied grammar/used other outside resources.

4 Likes

Yeh that’s kind of what I 'm expecting which is why I don’t think I’ll do it. I’m currently max speeding, and sitting at 200-300 reviews per day, that’s more then enough. I’d rather do more immersion then adding 100+ reviews to that.
Congrats on being able to handle it! I don’t think I can : P

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder that I don’t want to rush this lol doing 15 lessons a day consistently gives me about 120 reviews a day, and I lowered it to 10 recently because that was stressful. Good luck.

2 Likes

Seeing this is kind of encouraging tbh. I decided to go full speed at half speed and I was wondering what my reviews might look like. (Normally 2 weeks per level, now going to 1 week per fast level until 60).

You’re less than a month away, which is crazy to think. Looking forward to seeing your lvl 60 post, should you decide to do one.

1 Like

I just got a thought. Since you’re going from MAX level to the beginning; doesn’t it sound like some manhwa story :upside_down_face:. Where the hero returns to a certain point in the past or is reborn with his knowledge intact.
Doesn’t that make you the MC :scream:
Good luck on your journey!