Should I keep adding lessons to mu routine?

Should I keep adding radicals, Kanji and vocabulary to my routine or wait until complete my current reviews?

I’m new in this app and I want to know if it is convenient to do that, because I don’t want to end up overloaded with reviews and abandon this great app. Forgive my bad english, it isn’t my native language. I never tought the kanji part would be the most enterteining part of learning japanese.

5 Likes

i aim for doing a steady amount of lessons, currently i’m doing 10 per day. how much works for you will depend on how much time you commit to WK.

others will recommend keeping your apprentice numbers below 100 (or some other number, whatever works for you). that works well too.

finally, it’s okay to go a bit faster early on, but be prepared for the workload to increase massively with time. if you do a steady amount of lessons, the workload will take something like 6 months to reach its peak.

there’s also guides on the forum which go into much more detail, i’m sure others will link them ^^

1 Like

Generally speaking yes, but there is a point where you could end up overwhelming yourself. It largely varies for each person so you’ll have to find it on your own but a good ballpark is 100 items in the apprentice stage. That’s where most of the reviews will come from since the later stages have longer delays between them. I’ll also recommend reading this as it’s full of useful advice.

My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK :open_book: )

6 Likes

Entirely up to you, I think. :slight_smile:
Consider how much time you can devote to WaniKani and hopefully other sources of Japanese daily and adjust accordingly.

Until you get an item from Apprentice stage to Guru, you’ll be getting reviews for it more frequently. The last “tick” before Guru is ~48 hours so that might give you time to start doing new lessons if you prefer :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

I also recommend reading that guide. It’s one of the most important pieces of information and advice one can learn from the forums.

4 Likes

Yes, agreed! It’s fairly long, but it will help make WaniKani so much more doable for you, and make it far less likely that you will burn out.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.