Autoplay Audio Switch

Just an idea for a simple added feature/script that I would love: being able to turn the vocabulary audio autoplay on/off from within a review session. I will sometimes listen to music or a podcast while doing a large stack of reviews on my computer, but other times it helps me remember the terms better to hear them out loud. It’s just a little bit inconvenient to have to go into settings every single time I want to toggle to voice autoplay, so I would love to just have that right in the corner of my review session for whenever I put music on in the background while studying. If anyone could help me with this idea it would be much appreciated, thanks so much!

@Gorbit99 Hey, look, another practice opportunity!

5 Likes

You can mute the specific tab. I believe all major browsers have that functionality.

3 Likes

Had some stuff come up, but if it’s still relevant and you want a more streamlined solution than muting the tab (btw, can’t mute tab on chrome since a bit ago, only the whole site), then I’ve made this script: [UserScript] WK Review Audio Switch should be really minimal.

3 Likes

This is perfect, thank you so much!!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!
Is there a way to make it persistent between sessions ?
(an option to toggle it “on” all the time = “Audio on” every time we start extra-study session for example)

1 Like

So even if you leave it on “off” when finishing a review session, it should be turned back on when the next session comes around?

1 Like

Yes, it could be great!

Just a heads up, to me that sounds like the opposite of “persistent” :joy: sure, I’ll see what I can do

2 Likes

Btw, for future reference, there is the “request extensions and scripts here” thread. I personally have it watched, and others regularly check it out.

2 Likes