Scaling the 6583 review wall - Once more unto the breach!

That’s the wrong way to look at it, and not just because of the resets.

In the last 2.5 months, I burned 889 items, and that’s not counting the many non-burned items that have risen up the ranks.

In case you’re curious, the actual number of reviews I did over the last 2.5 months was 8576, of which I got 5245 right (61.1% accuracy).

Incidentally, the numbers for just the last month are 68.296% (1635/2394). It looks like I’ve been doing fewer reviews on average lately but getting a lot more right, which makes sense.

2 Likes

What do I know, you’re much further along than I am. But it’s kind of frustrating to watch. 100 reviews tops a day is kind of half assing it imo, especially when you got that mountain to climb. I wish you the best either way and hope you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

Another bad day today. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. It looks like I did burn eight items despite the low overall accuracy rate at least.

Mon Aug 23 2021:
Time spent: 18m
Reviews completed: 64
Reviews remaining: 5172
Accuracy: 65.63% (42/64)
Accuracy on resurrected items: 82.35% (28/34)
Accuracy on non-resurrected items: 46.67% (14/30)

Current item counts:
Apprentice: 3100
Guru: 1072
Master: 421
Enlightened: 1186
Burned 1240

1 Like

I’m sure you will get thru this eventually, but I am wondering if the time to get to 0 reviews remaining might be greater than the time it would take to go back up to lvl 47. if you reset to lvl 20, for example, might go back up more easily. i am sure you can get thru this eventually but, in my own opinion, to get thru this completely in a way to make it worth it over resetting, would need to pass more time, although I’m sure irl stuff is more important ofc.

Just something to think about. The time over reset to a certain level VS the time to get thru them.
realistically, by doing 20-30 minutes a day, how long until things start to go back to normal?

I am not trying to be discouraging, I am just a very logic-thinking person and thought its a good point to bring up. your accuracy and burned items are great … you have definitively more patience than all of us!

3 Likes

Why would resetting everything to apprentice 1 and having to go through lessons again make it go faster?

2 Likes

Well, when you can’t reach 0 reviews daily (or nearly daily) that makes the SRS less effective, as not seeing the items at the natural SRS intervals (=going way too long without seeing individual items) will cause you to fail more items and decrease your accuracy - so a pile this huge actually can slow you down a fair bit (if you can’t reach 0 reviews). I think this userscript helps a lot to fix this problem though:

2 Likes

I already explained many times why I don’t think the “SRS intervals” thing matters here.

1 Like

Unless I’m misunderstanding something - isn’t it disadvantageous doing a few reviews out of 6500 and then usually not seeing those items again until many months later, making you just forget them over that duration and fail them again? Wouldn’t the SRS interval reordering help with this even with an enormous apprentice pile? Either way, best of luck to you - persistence is key & you can do this :triumph:

2 Likes

Wanikani has no idea what the theoretical “true” SRS interval should be, since it has no idea how well you actually know an item. And that’s before you get into issues like how there are often multiple related items, etc.

Anyway, I did start manually doing an extra review of leeches outside of Wanikani every Saturday morning.

1 Like

This morning went badly again, just like the last couple days. However, my afternoon session went well, so it kind of evened out today.

Tue Aug 24 2021:
Time spent: 35m
Reviews completed: 109
Reviews remaining: 5136
Accuracy: 69.72% (76/109)
Accuracy on resurrected items: 85.19% (46/54)
Accuracy on non-resurrected items: 54.55% (30/55)

Current item counts:
Apprentice: 3101
Guru: 1078
Master: 412
Enlightened: 1180
Burned 1248

3 Likes

I actually do not think I said level 1. I think that would be counterproductive as you obviously retain information of past levels pretty well, it seems. I meant resetting halfway. You can reset to a specific level. In my opinion it would be faster resetting halfway, like, lvl 20, and then would be relatively faster to cut thru the pile then levelling up, as the reviews would go to 0 faster… that’s how I understand how the system work. Also level 18/20 is when the amount of work goes higher and stuff gets hard, as I saw in some charts. Which is why I mentioned that level.

But what’s important is you enjoy your workflow and are happy with how things are going … at end of day it’s your learning system and if you’re doing well and are happy then don’t mind us :slightly_smiling_face: like I said I believe your stats that you pump up are good stats. :grinning:

1 Like

I already reset to level 46, which helped a lot. I don’t think it makes sense to reset further at this point.

2 Likes

Wed Aug 25 2021:
Time spent: 28m
Reviews completed: 94
Reviews remaining: 5108
Accuracy: 72.34% (68/94)
Accuracy on resurrected items: 91.67% (44/48)
Accuracy on non-resurrected items: 52.17% (24/46)

Current item counts:
Apprentice: 3103
Guru: 1084
Master: 411
Enlightened: 1161
Burned 1260

3 Likes

This morning’s review session went great. At that rate, I’ll hit 5000 reviews in just a day or two (though I was expecting to hit it very soon anyway). And unlike on July 11th, this time I expect to actually stay there once I hit it. My review count has steadily been dropping since the peak at over 5300. It may have taken a long time to get here, but slow and steady wins the race.

3 Likes

If you use the reorder ultimate 2 script you can do it by level btw and that has been super helpful for me as I have also had a review wall recently, although mine only got to around 1800 items.

1 Like

Thu Aug 26 2021:
Time spent: 27m
Reviews completed: 77
Reviews remaining: 5124
Accuracy: 68.83% (53/77)
Accuracy on resurrected items: 83.33% (35/42)
Accuracy on non-resurrected items: 51.43% (18/35)

Current item counts:
Apprentice: 3107
Guru: 1088
Master: 412
Enlightened: 1152
Burned 1266

1 Like

Good luck and keep it up. I get discouraged by hundreds of reviews, much less thousands.

2 Likes

I guess the big speed up will be when you start burning the revived items.

1 Like

Mad respect that you haven’t given up yet! You make good steady progress!

3 Likes

Respect, that’s like Sysiphus!

2 Likes