Sayaka Murata Book Club

Excellent! Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, is this on Kindle? Bookwalker does not seem to have them on sale. :cry:

Sorry, I edited my original post not to confuse more people.

1 Like

I got the rest during the last sale/points back thing a while ago, but I bought this one now! I think it might not have been part of the sale last time, or maybe I just missed it. :smiley:

Indeed. :eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve checked @Aislin 's post and it wasn’t.
I only bought 授乳 and 消滅世界 this time, and I’ve added the rest to my wish list. (I don’t like having tsundoku, even in a digital form.) Though I’m not sure if I get any notifications if they are discounted.

1 Like

I was complaining before that I don’t know which books I can safely read on my own, so this helps :grin:

2 Likes

Just a quick heads-up that currently there is a Bookwalker coin cashback special going on (until 2021-07-26T00:59:00Z), which gives you around 40% or so cashback on all books afaict.

4 Likes

Now it’s even cheaper on Amazon:
Screenshot_20210813-100518

And I see Bookwalker also has a coin sale going on.

4 Likes

Damn, those point back sales… I might pile up tsundoku after all…

3 Likes

Thanks! Great deal, time to buy it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s an endless cycle of buying Murata books, getting points back, using those points to buy more Murata books, etc.

6 Likes

I’m a bit late, but I just read on twitter that

本日8月14日は村田沙耶香さんのお誕生日。

Happy Birthday, Murata-sensei! :partying_face:

6 Likes

oh no, I missed it too :frowning: Do you maybe remember which twitter account posted it?

1 Like

It’s here: https://twitter.com/Kawade_shobo/status/1426302721016074240?s=20 I saw because Murata-sensei replied to it. (But now I don’t see the replies in my feed D: )

4 Likes

I realized I forgot to buy it. :sob: Welp, enough time to wait for another sale.

2 Likes

Cross-posting for interested people:

5 Likes

Looks like I’ll be practising two languages for the price of one! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I assume most folks here are pretty tuned-in with the IBC, but in case you missed it they’re voting on the next pick now. 地球星人 is one of the options if a whole Murata club still isn’t enough Murata for you. I read it in English about a year ago and I will say it’s one of my favorite books I’ve ever read.

6 Likes

I considered not voting for 地球成人 precisely because I’m not sure I can handle two of her books simultaneously without getting them both totally tangled… In the end I did still vote for it. No promises I won’t change that vote for the yoshimoto banana one before the poll closes. :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

It’s the reason I didn’t vote for it. I find it strange to have another book club for Murata when there’s already a dedicated one. (Plus I really want to read コンビニ人間 first, but that has nothing to do with the current book clubs of course.)

2 Likes

Yep, I was also surprised to see the nomination, but it seems to have hit a nerve, so that’s fine. Maybe this bookclub needs to become visible to the broader audience from time to time :woman_shrugging:
I also didn’t vote for it, mainly because I feel like I had enough Murata books for a while :joy_cat: I found the 殺人出産 short stories to be really intense emotionally, and I’m still struggling to get into our newest pick (am still on week 2 :flushed:) because I somehow feel totally edgy about trying to envision what the weirdness will be this time around…
Also, my reading list is full and lots of interesting authors wait for me :upside_down_face:

2 Likes