:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-01-09 :books: 本好きの下剋上第一部3 :green_book: Manga :arrow_forward: 1 chapter
:page_facing_up: 12 pages
15m
:deciduous_tree: 小さな森のオオカミちゃん2 :green_book: Manga :arrow_forward: 5 chapters
:page_facing_up: 89 pages
35m

So I wanted to do some reading before bed last night, but I wanted something with less lookups required for me than 本好きの下剋上 or デジモンサヴァイブ, so I started the second volume of 小さな森のオオカミちゃん after reading the first volume with the book club some time ago. It’s certainly still the easiest Japanese content I’ve read (so good for pre-bed reading), and I read basically half the volume in one sitting, which is the most at ease I’ve felt reading Japanese. Since I’d already posted yesterday’s challenge update before reading that, I’m including it in today’s (also given the time I went to bed, it technically was today already).

On the other end of my personal difficulty spectrum, I read the bonus chapter of 本好きの下剋上第一部3。Which turned out to be the most difficult chapter in the manga, despite only being 12 pages long, at least for me. Fantasy cooking, _with ingredients that they didn’t even give furigana for. I spent way too long trying to figure out why neither jotoba or jisho had an entry for 野莱. By taking the kanji on their own I guess it’s meant to be “wild goosefoot”, which turns out to be an type of plant that I didn’t even know the name of English. Jisho/Jotoba both just kept telling me it’s a historical Chinese place name. Anyway, since this turned out to be a cooking chapter, I’m going to guess that instead it the short story that covers the Frieda introduction.

22 Likes