๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read Every Day Challenge - Winter 2024 ๐ŸŽโ˜ƒ๐ŸŒฒ

2ๆœˆ21ๆ—ฅ
Home post

Read episodes 27 - 29 of Sakura and Suzuki on Satorireader! Jumping from the ABBC to Satorireader always gives me such a nice and refreshing feeling. Iโ€™m so spoiled by Satorireader. :sweat_smile:

New words/phrases:
  • ไธ‡ๆญณใ€Œใฐใ‚“ใ–ใ„ใ€ โ€œten thousand years of age,โ€ short for ๅคฉ็š‡้™›ไธ‹ไธ‡ๆญณ, tennou heika banzai meaning, โ€œMay his majesty the emperor live to ten thousand years of age!โ€ - I knew the meaning of this expression already but never knew its literal meaning and etymology until now
  • ๅ˜˜ใฟใŸใ„ใ€Œใ†ใใฟใŸใ„ใ€like a like, hard to believe
  • ๅคงๆบ€่ถณใ€Œใ ใ„ใพใ‚“ใžใใ€completely satisfied, as pleased as can be
  • ใŠใ to do something in advance
  • ้ขๅ€’ใ‚’่ฆ‹ใ‚‹ ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ†ใ‚’ใฟใ‚‹ใ€to care for someone, to look after someone - that was confusingโ€ฆ at first reading, I honestly thought it mean the opposite like to try to hassle someone or try to get someone in trouble.
  • ๅซ ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ‚ใ€bride
  • ไบ‹ๆ•…ใ€Œใ˜ใ“ใ€accident
  • ๆธ‹ๆปžใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใŸใ„ใ€ congestion, traffic, delay, stagnation
  • ใจใ“ใ‚ in the process of doing, just finished doing
  • ใฎใซ despite this, in spite of, even though
  • ่ฟทๆƒ‘ใ‚’ใ‹ใ‘ใ‚‹ใ€Œใ‚ใ„ใ‚ใใ‚’ใ‹ใ‘ใ‚‹ใ€to cause trouble for someone, to annoy, to bother, to inconvenience
  • ใ„ใคใพใงใ‚‚ forever, indefinitely, no matter what

@Clovie1 @Akashelia I know you both are reading ่ˆžๅฆ“ใ•ใ‚“ใกใฎใพใ‹ใชใ„ใ•ใ‚“ which includes some Kansai-ben in there. Curious what level of vocab and grammar you would recommend I try this manga out? And would you happen to know any other sources for Kansai-ben?

19 Likes