๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Jan 16, Mon of Week 4 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• Super Doctor K Vol.2 Ch.6-7

Starts ominously from the first page, actually

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Interesting words
  • ใในใ‚‹ = to put things to burn in a fire. Kanji form is ็„ผ(ใ)ในใ‚‹.
  • ใ›ใ–ใ‚‹ใ‚’ๅพ—(ใˆ)ใชใ„ = unavoidable. Logical when thinking of ใ›ใ–ใ‚‹ as ใ›ใš or ใชใ„ใง, though I have had trouble parsing the whole thing.
  • ๅ…ˆ้€(ใ•ใใŠใ)ใ‚Š = postponement
  • ๅœŸ่ถณ(ใฉใใ)ใง = walking in with dirty feet = rudely
  • ใ—ใ‚ƒใ—ใ‚ƒใ‚Šๅ‡บ(ใง)ใ‚‹ = to come uninvited
  • ๆฃ’(ใผใ†)ใซๆŒฏ(ใต)ใ‚‹ = to make waste
  • ้€ธ(ใ„ใฃ)ใ™ใ‚‹ = to miss (a chance). In context as ๅคง(ใ ใ„)ใƒใƒฃใƒณใ‚นใ‚’้€ธ(ใ„ใฃ)ใ™ใ‚‹.
  • ็ณง(ใ‹ใฆ) = provisions. Like a fuel to go forward in life.
  • ๆ—ฌ(ใ—ใ‚…ใ‚“)ใฎ = seasonal
  • ๆฎ‹้ชธ(ใ–ใ‚“ใŒใ„) = wreckage. Remainingโ€ฆ skeletons???
  • ็ซ(ใฒ)ใฎๆ‰‹(ใฆ) = a flame
  • ็ซ็จฎ(ใฒใ ใญ) = coal (for lighting a fire)
  • ไธ€ๆฎต่ฝ(ใฒใจใ ใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ) = getting to a point where one can rest; completing the first stage. Also, ไธ€ๆฎต่ฝ(ใ„ใกใ ใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ)
  • ใŠไธ–่พž(ใ›ใ˜) = flattery
  • ้‡่‘‰ๆจน(ใ—ใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ†ใ˜ใ‚…) = needle-leaf trees; conifer. The reading of ้‡(ใฏใ‚Š) like in ็พ…้‡็›ค(ใ‚‰ใ—ใ‚“ใฐใ‚“) or ๆ–น้‡(ใปใ†ใ—ใ‚“).
  • ่‡จๅบŠ(ใ‚Šใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = clinical. ่‡จๅบŠๅŒปๅญฆ(ใ‚Šใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ„ใŒใ) = clinical medicine. Opposite is ๅŸบ็คŽๅŒปๅญฆ(ใใใ„ใŒใ).
  • ไธญ็ตถ(ใกใ‚…ใ†ใœใค) = discontinuance / abortion
  • ๅˆ†ๅจฉ(ใถใ‚“ในใ‚“) = childbirth. Second Kanji seems to be mostly associated with this word. In context as ๅˆ†ๅจฉๅฎค(ใถใ‚“ในใ‚“ใ—ใค).
  • ่ƒŽๅ…(ใŸใ„ใ˜) = uterus. Similar to ๅญๅฎฎ(ใ—ใใ‚…ใ†). First Kanji is in Level 57.
    • ่ƒŽๅ…ๆ€ง(ใŸใ„ใ˜ใ›ใ„) = fetal; embryonal
  • ็พŠๆฐด(ใ‚ˆใ†ใ™ใ„) = amniotic fluid. ็พŠ่†œ(ใ‚ˆใ†ใพใ) = amnion. Perhaps some Chinese myth? I forgot the details.
  • ๅธ็Ž‹ๅˆ‡้–‹(ใฆใ„ใŠใ†ใ›ใฃใ‹ใ„) = Caesarian section. Yeah, surgery of that Emperor.
  • ็€ฌๆˆธ้š›(ใ›ใจใŽใ‚) = critical moment. ็€ฌๆˆธ(ใ›ใจ) is a strait or a sea channel. ใ€Œ็‹ญ้–€๏ผˆใ›ใจ๏ผ‰ใ€ใฎๆ„ใ€‚
  • ้ †้ขจๆบ€ๅธ†(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“ใทใ†ใพใ‚“ใฑใ‚“) = smooth sailing
  • ็›ฎ(ใ‚)ใ‚’็™ฝ้ป’(ใ—ใ‚ใใ‚)ใ•ใ›ใ‚‹ = to be surprised; to goggle in astonishment
  • ่€ƒ(ใ‹ใ‚“ใŒ)ใˆใ‚’ๅทก(ใ‚ใ)ใ‚‰ใ™ = to think long about; to contemplate
  • ๆ น(ใ“ใ‚“)ใ‚’่ฉฐ(ใค)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to keep at something (never mind fatigue); to put all oneโ€™s concentration into something

SFX

• ใƒ—ใ‚ซใƒ—ใ‚ซ = floating in liquid / puff of a cigarrete
  • ใ„ใใ„ใ = cheerfully

Kanji

• ้ชธ(ใ‚ฌใ‚ค)

• remains; corpse; skeleton
    • ใ‚ฌใ‚ค
      • ้ชธ้ชจ(ใŒใ„ใ“ใค),     ๆญป้ชธ(ใ—ใŒใ„),     ้บ้ชธ(ใ„ใŒใ„)
      • ๆฎ‹้ชธ(ใ–ใ‚“ใŒใ„),     ๅฝข้ชธๅŒ–(ใ‘ใ„ใŒใ„ใ‹)
    • ๆฎป(ใ‹ใ‚‰)
      • ไบก้ชธ(ใชใใŒใ‚‰)
    • ้ชธ(ใ‚€ใใ‚)
  • ็œฉ(ใ‚ฒใƒณ)

• dazzling
    • ใ‚ฒใƒณ
      • ็œฉๆšˆ(ใ’ใ‚“ใ†ใ‚“),     ็œฉๆƒ‘(ใ’ใ‚“ใ‚ใ)
    • ็œฉ(ใพใถ)ใ—ใ„
    • ็œฉ(ใใ‚‰)ใ‚€
    • ็›ฎ็œฉ(ใ‚ใพใ„) = ็œฉๆšˆ(ใ‚ใพใ„)

Mazegaki is a weird one that can easily break Yomichan; and I believe itโ€™s also the case with early Wanikani context sentences.

Even if I can identify in all Kana, these things confuse me at a glance sometimes (much more than in Katakana). (Why not just some common full Kanji forms?)

21 Likes

Calendar

Another week done. :v:

ๅคœๅธ‚ is at 52%, so 18% progress in a week. If I keep that pace it looks like I wont finish it until the end of the month. Need to speed up :saluting_face:

Also read a couple more manga volumes, should finish this one within a few days. Threw in the 1 shot Look back for some change.
While Nausicaa still looms above me, I think Iโ€™ll read Spirit Circle next. Maybe finish Nausicaa after that one? I like the art and setting but the story is really confusing sometimes, having a hard time to keep up with who is from which side etc.

@NicoleIsEnough I loosely kept track of reading and listening time. Iโ€™ve been reading for about 19,5 since January 1. Definitely less than I wish I managed to do. :sob: Looking at your numbersโ€ฆ :eyes: :sweat_smile:

25 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 15: January 15th :evergreen_tree:

spacer:sun_with_face: ๅคขใฟใ‚‹ๅคช้™ฝ Volume 4 (55% โžจ 79%)
spacer:bust_in_silhouette: ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น Volume 4 (65% โžจ 71%)

๐Ÿ‘ต๐Ÿป ร—ร—ใงใ‚‚้ญ”ๆณ•ๅฐ‘ๅฅณใซใชใ‚Œใพใ™ใ‹? Volume 1 (21% โžจ 31%)

With the second villain, the content of this series is getting questionable. Iโ€™ll keep at it a bit more just to see how things go after this enemyโ€™s out of the way.

I completed the first of whatโ€™s probably two chapters with the current villain. Coincidentally, Iโ€™ve been watching a 1980s American TV sitcom called Diffโ€™rent Strokes, and the very next episode I watched turned out to be a two-part episode that had a similar character, but from a more realistic take.

22 Likes

I did, I realized I messed up when @omk3 replied but this is far from my first (or likely last) time mixing them up when talking/typing. :see_no_evil:

10 Likes

:joy: This makes more sense! Well, to answer the original question then, Bookwalker doesnโ€™t notify me, but I do visit the website quite often because we all know I have a problem just to browse, so if thereโ€™s any kind of sale on books I have in my check list Iโ€™m not likely to miss it.

10 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

January 16th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 02.06% // Volume I: 23.88% :deciduous_tree:

Almost reached the end of the chapter but just couldnโ€™t quite make it.

Words found under the kotatsu

ๅฟ˜ๅคฑใ€Œใผใ†ใ—ใคใ€ใƒผ Forgetting; losing
่ฑช่ƒ†ใ€Œใ”ใ†ใŸใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Bold; daring
่–ชๅฐๅฑ‹ใ€Œใพใใ”ใ‚„ใ€ใƒผ Woodshed/woodstore
็–‘ๅฟƒๆš—้ฌผใ€ŒใŽใ—ใ‚“ใ‚ใ‚“ใใ€ใƒผ Jumping at shadows; once you suspect something everything becomes suspicious
่ปŠๅบงใ€Œใใ‚‹ใพใ–ใ€ใƒผ Sitting in a circle
ๅ”–็„ถใ€Œใ‚ใœใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Dumbfounded; speechless; flabbergasted

Character Name List

for easy referencing later, because these will take some remembering
Also probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Main
Hideyoshi: ่ฑŠ่‡ฃ็ง€ๅ‰ใ€Œใจใ‚ˆใจใฟ ใฒใงใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ โ€“ Childhood name: ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ โ€“ Childhood nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€

Volume I: 1534 - 15??
ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Others
็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Daimyo (head of the Shiba clan) at Kiyosu castle
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Nobushi

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (around 700AD)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Late 700s Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan.

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (Early to mid 1200s) (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s to early 800s)

19 Likes

Happens to me all the while, no worries :sweat_smile:

Hehe erm. We should maybe make a psychology test-style checklist for the compulsive readers club :rofl:

How often to you look at your Bookwalker watchlist?
  • What is a Bookwalker watchlist?
  • Less than once per month
  • Less than once per week
  • Multiple times a week
  • Multiple times a day
  • Multiple times per hour
  • My life is meaningless when I donโ€™t look at it
0 voters
19 Likes

January 16th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 6 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Continued up to page 145, finished chapter 24 and chapter 25.
Today: Continued up to page 158

Iโ€™m too tired today and still need to take care of other thingsโ€ฆand take an actual break. Hence why todayโ€™s reading session ended up being short.

Good job, @Greya ! :tada: :smile: Iโ€™m also glad you overall enjoyed the first manga you read in Japanese!

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“
Word or expression of the day:
ๆ•ฃใ‚‰ใฐใ‚‹ - (ใกใ‚‰ใฐใ‚‹) - to be scattered about

Honourable mention(s)
ๅคง็›ฎ - (ๅคง็›ฎ) - magnanimity, tolerance; large eyes

22 Likes

I laughed too hard at this poll :rofl:
I tried to give the more reasonable answer, because there are days when I donโ€™t look at it, strangely, but then there are also days when I look at it multiple times, soโ€ฆnot sure I was entirely honest.

14 Likes

Dammit, now Iโ€™ve got bookwalker and bookmeter mixed up too (though I do that sometimes anyway) if you saw my vote no you didnโ€™t

I do think bookmeter has something to that effect too though, though Iโ€™ve never really looked at it much less used itโ€ฆ

11 Likes

:books: From 01ๆœˆ06ๆ—ฅ to 01ๆœˆ16ๆ—ฅ

• 9-nine-
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

What do you mean, I donโ€™t have terrible update frequencies! I update everyday I just forget to click the send button, is all.

Thatโ€™s a long period, wowee, might as well do a little update :slight_smile: . I havenโ€™t read every day since my last update but Iโ€™ve certainly read a fair bit. Iโ€™ve had some rest days in between when I had to pause new SRS cards for a bit because I was feeling a bit overwhelmed with low energy but itโ€™s gone back to normal and Iโ€™m already adding again.

Completed two weeks of 9-nine- and Iโ€™m all caught up with the club schedule, I will probably continue reading one week ahead just to make it easier to organise the next one (we go by total characters count and screenshots so itโ€™s kind of a surprise what weโ€™ll get when a new week comes). So far Iโ€™m enjoying it a lot.

Iโ€™ve also been playing FFXIV with my secondary character again and the last time I did a few months ago I already felt like I had improved, the text was easier to understand than before, but now I feel another improvement again which is crazy to me since it hasnโ€™t been that long, so the diligent SRS plan I adopted a couple months back and the heavier workload must be working pretty nicely and I couldnโ€™t be happier :face_holding_back_tears: . It went from way too difficult like a year and a half ago to very accessible, at least a good chunk of it (there are things that are way over my knowledge still and probably will for a while).

Lastly I also did a couple days of ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ but I havenโ€™t played that in like close to two weeks at this point, and I really should because it was interesting and I have the feeling I will start forgetting things if I leave it on hold for too long.

Iโ€™m so happy with my study plan right now, seriously. Itโ€™s usually hard for me to be satisfied and without doubts when Iโ€™m doing something, but explicitly seeing the improvements always seems to motivate me a lot, and putting more time into this makes that more frequent so itโ€™s a nice positive feedback loop. I talked before about how increasing the workload has been a really positive change for me since I was feeling for a while that I was not improving as fast as I would like. Now I know how important it is to feel satisfied with oneโ€™s own pace, whether that is going slower or faster, itโ€™s all super personal and both can be good or bad for different people at different points in time. It doesnโ€™t come without a price for sure, the time you use for one thing is time that you donโ€™t use for another thing, and I try to frequently think about this and internalise it. But right now pushing my Japanese is the thing I want to prioritise, most of my free time goes to that and Iโ€™m totally for it. When I reach a level that I feel I donโ€™t learn as fast anymore because coming across language I donโ€™t know becomes harder and harder, I will start dedicating more time to other projects, like going back to music or learning art, which I really really wanted to do for a very long time already. But again, everything comes with a price, and that price is limited time. Perhaps Iโ€™m starting to realise that Iโ€™m someone that works better when focusing on one main thing at a time, but at the same time that kind of sucks, because I want to do and learn way too many things, and the majority of those things are projects that are very long term, like this Japanese one is turning out to be :joy: .

25 Likes

:snowflake: :red_gift_envelope: ๏ผ‘ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ–ๆ—ฅ :red_gift_envelope: :snowflake: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค ch 74, 75, 76, 77, 78
  • ใƒžใ‚ธใƒผใ‚ฏใƒปใƒ„ใƒชใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น pg 111 โ†’ 132 done! book 2 was a little bit more enjoyable than book 1 (despite my love of ๆ็ซœ), i think iโ€™m going to move on to ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง now instead of continuing with the series, but iโ€™ll keep this in mind if I want something pleasant to read.
Good Words

ใƒ›ใƒชใƒŸใƒค
ๅ€‹ไบบ็š„ใ€Œใ“ใ˜ใ‚“ใฆใใ€ใƒผ personally
็ด ๆœดใ€Œใใผใใ€ใƒผ naive, simple, unsophisticated
ๆตฎๆฐ—ใ€Œใ†ใ‚ใใ€ใƒผ extramarital affair, infidelity
ใ‚ฟใƒกๅฃใ€ŒใŸใ‚ใใกใ€ใƒผ casual speech
้–‰ๅฃใ€Œใธใ„ใ“ใ†ใ€ใƒผ stumped, at a loss
่ท้›ขใ€Œใใ‚‡ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ distance
้ฉšใใ€ŒใŠใฉใ‚ใใ€ใƒผ surprise, astonishment
็ญ†่จ˜ใ€Œใฒใฃใใ€ใƒผ writing, (taking) notes, copying
ๆจก้€ ๅˆ€ ใ€Œใ‚‚ใžใ†ใจใ†ใ€ใƒผ fake metal sword that greatly resembles a real sword
้Œฒ้Ÿณใ€Œใ‚ใใŠใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ sound recording
้š•็Ÿณใ€Œใ„ใ‚“ใ›ใใ€ใƒผ meteorite
ๆฐดใพใใ€Œใฟใšใพใใ€ใƒผ watering, sprinkling
ๆญ“่ฟŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ’ใ„ใ€ใƒผ welcome, reception
้œฒ้ชจใ€Œใ‚ใ“ใ†ใ€ใƒผ open, unconcealed, undisguised

ใƒžใ‚ธใƒผใ‚ฏใƒปใƒ„ใƒชใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น
่…นใฐใ„ใ€Œใฏใ‚‰ใฐใ„ใ€ใƒผ lying on oneโ€™s belly, crawling
็—บใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ€Œใ—ใณใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ€ใƒผ to become numb (limb)
ๅธใ„่พผใ‚€ใ€Œใ™ใ„ใ“ใ‚€ใ€ใƒผ to inhale, to breathe in
ๆ‹ญใ†ใ€Œใฌใใ†ใ€ใƒผ to wipe up, to mop up
ๅพŒใšใ•ใ‚Šใ€Œใ‚ใจใšใ•ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ stepping back, drawing back
ๆใ‚‹ๆใ‚‹ใ€ŒใŠใใ‚‹ใŠใใ‚‹ใ€ใƒผ fearfully, timidly
ๆŠฑใไธŠใ’ใ‚‹ใ€Œใ ใใ‚ใ’ใ‚‹ใ€ใƒผ holding up oneโ€™s arms
ๆ“ใ‚‹ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚„ใคใ‚‹ใ€ใƒผ to steer, to maneuver
ใณใ—ใ‚‡ๆฟกใ‚Œ ใ€Œใณใ—ใ‚‡ใ‚ใ‚‹ใ€ใƒผ dripping wet
ๅฟใณใ€Œใ—ใฎใณใ€ใƒผ stealth
ใ‚ใŒๅฎถใ€Œใ‚ใŒใ‚„ใ€ใƒผ oneโ€™s house

24 Likes

January 16th :snowflake:
Home Post

Reading ๅƒ•ใ ใ‘ใŒใ„ใชใ„่ก— Vol. 1

Got from 26 to page 39 in about 30-40mins, I feel like this is the perfect level for me at the moment to improve. Itโ€™s really challenging but at the same time I can understand the gist of all the convo, even though I have to look up lots of things. Canโ€™t wait to see how I will feel about reading once I finish the first volume and start the second. Oh and I also like the way the story is portrayed so far!

24 Likes

I used to be in the โ€˜multiple a weekโ€™ camp, but then I switched to Rakuten and Iโ€™ve yet to invest the time in figuring out their siteโ€™s sales and whatnot. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Homepost

Currently reading Harry Potter 1 - Chapter 8: they have their first classes in Hogwarts.

Phrase of the day: ่ฉฑใ‚’ใใ‚‰ใ™: to change the subject of the conversation

Also, Snape uses ๆˆ‘่ผฉ to refer to himself. I learnt that not to long ago on WaniKani, but never heard or read it in actual use.

Btw. I notice in vertical writing I often have trouble finding the right column to read on after finishing one column. Does this get better with time?

Happy reading everyone!

24 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Jan 16 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป ๆœฌๅฅฝใใฎไธ‹ๅ…‹ไธŠ 16 (66% โ†’ 71%)
When did I read this much? :eyes: Before sleep? Before getting up? visible confusion

Totally random, but Iโ€™ve been around for 4 years now :durtle_durtverted_lvl1: :cake:

30 Likes

Not so much of a neophyte anymore, heh.

I literally have only one joke.

11 Likes

January 16 :heavy_check_mark: :flashlight:

ๅŠ่ฝใก , 14-22%

This weekโ€™s ๅŠ่ฝใก (and the first chapter of the book) is now completed. From what I can see so far, I believe Iโ€™m going to enjoy this book very much. Itโ€™s right up my alley, both in writing style and content. A ton of unknown vocabulary, but hey, what else is new? :grin:

23 Likes

It does! Your brain will get used to it in time, and youโ€™ll start skipping over lines less until you do it as much as you do with horizontal text. Iโ€™ll sometimes still find myself having to follow the line back up to find the next one, but it doesnโ€™t happen nearly as often anymore as when I was first starting out.

17 Likes

January 16th!

Today I read a chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san. It was a really sweet chapter.

(Home Post)

I struggled with this for ages. I used a reading ruler for a while to help me keep track of where I was on the page, and that helped but I donโ€™t really need to use one any more now that Iโ€™m more used to reading vertically.

22 Likes