๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Technically spoilers, but only of stuff thatโ€™s written in the back-of-the-book-blurb:

The plot of the book is that due to a โ€˜book curseโ€™ on her familyโ€™s library the protagonist gets dragged into adventures where her home town has been magically transformed into an alternate universe that is basically a pastiche of a book genre; each chapter is a different genre.

15 Likes

Ah, that makes sense! I plan to read this book after Iโ€™ve finished my current one, so being aware of that is going to be helpful :+1: Thanks for explaining!

12 Likes

February 20 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 29-36%

February 21 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 36-48%

February 22 :heavy_check_mark: :flashlight:

ๅŠ่ฝใก , 56-61%

The last couple of days I finished another chapter of ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซ, which was my favourite so far. And then today I resumed ๅŠ่ฝใก after what felt like ages. Reading went slowly, but it was once more a rather unfocused day (I canโ€™t wait for this stupid month to be over). It looks to be another interesting chapter and I canโ€™t wait to read on tomorrow.

21 Likes

Yes, maybe. On the other hand, it really feels like an authentic Japanese story of old, so thereโ€™s that. :woman_shrugging: It probably just happens to not match my taste right now.
Also, I was expecting the next chapter to be based on a different book with a different genre, but Iโ€™m still wondering whether I can make it to that point :rofl:

:tada:

Happy to hear that you like it as Iโ€™m the person who roped you into this endeavor :grin:

14 Likes

Day 52
I finished the third volume Kindaichi Shounen. Even though I didnโ€™t like the setting this time the conclusion was not over the top like in the first two cases. I prefer this a little bit more realistic style. Continued reading Tsugumomo which is not that fun I already read I think up to volume 23 in english so I already know
what happens next.

Furthermore I played the japanese beach volleyball game I have. Itโ€™s fun but Iโ€™m pretty bad at it.

3680 pages read

20 Likes

February 22nd.

Today I read chapter 57 of Shadowโ€™s House. I struggled a bit with this one, but I was falling asleep a bit as I read so thats probably why!
Iโ€™ll skim through the chapter again tomorrow before starting on chapter 58 just to make sure Iโ€™m confident I understood everything that happened!

(Home Post)

21 Likes

Home

I read the MP100 DJ ใ‚ใญใฎใฏใชใ—ใ€‚About my sister. about Reigen and his sister on pixiv. It was pretty cute. If I have the chance to get the physical version (not too expensively), then I will.

I read 4 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 39. Iโ€™m thinking my suspicion that Mashiro is the kitsune whom Tamaki is rumored to have summoned/hired/whatever to guard the books in Mikurakan might be correct. Anyway, I dunno if Iโ€™m in the minority or not, but Iโ€™m really liking this book so far. This is more my brand of weird than ใŠใฐใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ใŸใก lol. I just havenโ€™t really had the spoons lately to read much by way of novels or even manga. MTaP is easier because thereโ€™s less time reading than not, and when I do have to read, itโ€™s usually only in small chunks and at least somewhat spread out. Even though yesterday I suddenly got a bunch of quests right after anotherโ€ฆ

As usual these days, I also played some ใใฟใฎใพใก ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข.

19 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

February 22nd

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
start - 30

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
-

This chapter reminded me of the song Free Falling which til is by Tom Petty. Funky because Araki sensei liked Tom Petty enough to name a Part 1 character after him. Further funkiness is that the song seems to have come out in the same year as this volume was releasedโ€ฆ It might be that the timing is just off, or that Araki was one of the first people to get and listen to this album and then indirectly reference it in his work. I wouldnโ€™t rule it out since a later characterโ€™s ability is called Gold Experience after Princeโ€™s The Gold Experience and they also both came out the same year. JoJo casually hitting me with the music history without actually trying to.

18 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ’๏ผ’ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Since the 3ds store is going offline soon, I figured Iโ€™d dig out my 3ds and see if there was any stuff on the store that I might be interested in getting for japanese learning. Unfortunately, I forgot that 3ds is region locked so cant play/download any japanese games normally. So, like any normal and sane human being, I spent the next 3-4 hours โ€œde-nintendoifyingโ€ my 3ds to play out of region stuff. Not a particularly difficult process, but it is fairly involved, and also time consuming since my sd card adapter has a pretty slow transfer speed.

Then I was on a roll, so I finally replaced the screen digitizer in that japanese ds lite I got last month, replaced the caps on my gamecube controller analog sticks, moved some of my japanese gamecube games I was playing on dolphin to a physical drive so I can play them on my wii, just a ton of game related qol stuff. Iโ€™m like a little squirrel hiding away nuts for the winter, but will forget where 90% of them are and will never touch them again. The process itself is kinda fun so I donโ€™t mind too much :laughing: I just love tinkering with things

Read:

• ใƒใ‚ฑใƒƒใƒˆใƒขใƒณใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ ใ‚ชใƒกใ‚ฌใƒซใƒ“ใƒผ idk if you can call this reading, but I played up to where you can pick a starter and have been soft resetting to get an ่‰ฒ้•ใ„ใ‚ญใƒขใƒช. Alpha sapphire was a game I played all the way through when I was learning french, so maybe, against all odds, I can actually focus enough to finish a game I start in japanese :laughing:
  • ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 20

Word of the Day:
้ฟใ‘ใ‚‹ ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ‘ใ‚‹ใ€ใƒผ to avoid (physical contact with)

23 Likes

February 21st
Just the tiniest bit of Aomi today, but Iโ€™m fine with that since I got a lot of other things done.

February 22nd
What did I read?: ้ญ”ๅฅณใจ็Œซใฎ่ฉฑ
How much did I read?: 3 pages
(Continued 5th Story )
How long did it take me?: 41 m

Started late, so only a bit of reading. And one of those pages was really text-heavyโ€ฆ :upside_down_face:

19 Likes

February 22 :snowflake: Home Post

A bit of an interesting one today; for birthday shenanigans I went to an arcade which had bunch of rhythm games, including some which were completely in Japanese that I was able to use pretty confidently! So that was cool, always a good feeling :grin: but now I am very tired and I must sleep :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

I read this weekโ€™s ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ and I liked it a lot! Unfortunately it seems like I am the only person really digging it. I just like fun silly books about kids who like (or are going to learn to like) books I guess :sweat_smile: I wonder if this means everyone would likewise dislike ๆœฌใ‚’ๅฎˆใ‚ใ†ใจใ™ใ‚‹็Œซ as the vibe of that book was quite similar, although I donโ€™t think the vocab stretched quite as wide.

Hard relate. Iโ€™ve done this with so many things on my laptops. I hate getting new computers because I have to remember how I set up various key bindings and oh right I downloaded specifically this version of something because it was the last one compatible with some other random thing I was playing with. And so on.

21 Likes

I think it would depend; I wouldnโ€™t go as far as saying I dislike ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, so much as that the structure seems to mean that a lot of each chapter is basically zero-stakes no-plot-development no-worldbuilding โ€“ they go into the book world, wander around it having encounters that are meaningless outside the book world, and then when they find the stolen book everything resets. So Iโ€™m interested in who the thief might be, whether the shrine is involved, where this book curse came from, who and what Mashiro is, and the book is giving me basically none of that. Iโ€™m not much interested in pastiches of $genre, because Iโ€™d rather go read the actual genre which does it better and with actual stakes involved. Chapter two might end better, thoughโ€ฆ
(Mild spoilers up to middle of chapter 2.)

11 Likes

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 22

I finished Week 2 of ABCโ€™s ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ at last, which is also the end of the free sample and Iโ€™m really considering dropping it. Iโ€™ve kinda enjoyed it but it hasnโ€™t really captured me and (mild chapter 1 spoilers I guess) it feels like the whole issue was resolved in this chapter, which I guess not really but Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™m down for something episodic like that where things are just reset every time. Iโ€™m also busy with other things that I enjoy more and this books seems to be more expensive than average for some reason? Ugh, I really hate leaving things unfinished but I think the best choice for me right now is to leave it here for now and maybe consider picking it back up if reviews are good when I donโ€™t have so many things going on. And maybe I should learn to leave things unfinished anyway.

On another topic, I played BU$TAFELLOWS ~1.5h and Iโ€™m really enjoying it, wild stuff left and right. I had to force myself to stop and go to bed after a crazy development because I knew if I continued Iโ€™d never sleep.

21 Likes

As a physical book, itโ€™s more expensive because itโ€™s hardback โ€“ the paperback edition hasnโ€™t been published yet. Maybe ebook pricing tends to track with paper prices for newer books too?

10 Likes

Home post

2 ๆœˆ 23 ๆ—ฅ
ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ Volume 1 :dragon:

I read some of the first weekโ€™s pages yesterday and then finished the rest today. Really enjoying the ABBC so far although I havenโ€™t been too active. Mostly just benefitting from questions and answers made by others. On to next weekโ€™s pages!

20 Likes

home post

23rd feb

loved this chapter of ่Ÿฒๅธซ so much, i think thisโ€™ll end up being my favourite in the volume. some great character stuff for ginko (i think this is the first time heโ€™s been actively harsh and rude to someone, honestly didnโ€™t think he had it in him, tho it came from a need to help i think) and the story itself was pretty tense. plus, another ่Ÿฒๅธซ! itโ€™s been so long since weโ€™ve seen another one!. how ginko has any optimism when he arrives at a new place i have no idea, he seems to be constantly going through it :sweat_smile:

words that stood out: ไบ€่ฃ‚ (ใใ‚Œใค, crack, fissure), ๅŠ›ใซใชใ‚‹ (to be helpful, to be dependable. iโ€™ve come across this before but it just wonโ€™t stick in my head for some reason), ๅฃบ (ใคใผ, pot, jar, vase)

19 Likes

Feb 23, Thu of Week 9 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ Ch.11

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.6 Ch.25-26 (start volume)

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

I took a look at the other two of the trilogy. My maximal speed is much faster than first started. Now I want to finish the first quickly.

Words of the day
  • ใ†ใฃใใ† = luxuriant (forest). Kanji form is ้ฌฑ่’ผ(ใ†ใฃใใ†) or ้ฌฑ่‘ฑ(ใ†ใฃใใ†).
  • ๆŽฒ(ใ‹ใ‹)ใ’ใ‚‹ = to hoist a flag (also, banner; sudare). I confused with ๆš(ใ‚)ใ’ใ‚‹ and ๆ(ใ•)ใ’ใ‚‹, which are different at not only Kanji, but also readings.
  • ็—ฉ(ใ‚„)ใ›็ดฐ(ใปใ)ใ‚‹ = to wither away; to become thin. Explaining soil quality in context. Also in context as ็—ฉ็ดฐ(ใ‚„ใ›ใปใ)ใ‚‹.
  • ไธ€ๅป‰(ใฒใจใ‹ใฉ) = exceptional; a cut above the rest
  • ๆ——ๅฐ(ใฏใŸใ˜ใ‚‹ใ—) = insignia (on a flag)
  • ่œ(ใช)ใฃ่‘‰(ใฑ) = vegetable leaves; leaf vegetables
  • ๆ€ฅ้ฝ(ใใ‚…ใ†ใใ‚‡) = hurriedly. Has Furigana.
  • ๆจกๅ€ฃ(ใ‚‚ใปใ†) = imitation
  • ๅ…ˆๅ…ฅ่ฆณ(ใ›ใ‚“ใซใ‚…ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“) = preconceived notion
  • ็ ด้–€(ใฏใ‚‚ใ‚“) = expulsion (of a student, follower)
  • ็ง˜ไผ(ใฒใงใ‚“) = secret (recipe, medicine, etc.)
  • ่„šๆฐ—(ใ‹ใฃใ‘) = beriberi, severe thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency
  • ๆผขๆ–น(ใ‹ใ‚“ใฝใ†) = traditional Chinese medicine
  • ้ผป็ท’(ใฏใชใŠ) = geta (ไธ‹้ง„(ใ’ใŸ)) strap
  • ๅ—(ใ†)ใ‘่บซ(ใฟ) = passive attitude
  • ้™ณ่ฌ(ใกใ‚“ใ—ใ‚ƒ) = apology
  • ๅ†…็ธ(ใชใ„ใˆใ‚“) = common law marriage; de facto marriage
  • ๆผ”็นน(ใˆใ‚“ใˆใ) = deductive reasoning
  • ๅธฐ็ด(ใใฎใ†) = inductive reasoning; generalization
  • ๆทฑๆทต(ใ—ใ‚“ใˆใ‚“) = abyss
  • ่ƒดๅ…ƒ(ใฉใ†ใ‚‚ใจ) = person who runs a gambling den
  • ๆธฉๅบŠ(ใŠใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = breeding ground
  • ้ขจๆฅๅŠ(ใตใ†ใ‚‰ใ„ใผใ†) = vagabond
  • ้˜ฟๅฝ(ใ‚ใ†ใ‚“) = inspiration and expiration
  • ่ฅฆ่ขข(ใ˜ใ‚…ใฐใ‚“) = undershirt (under a kimono). Has Furigana.
  • ้…’็ฒ•(ใ•ใ‘ใ‹ใ™) = sake sediments (lees)
  • ่€(ใต)ใ‘้ก”(ใŒใŠ) = old-looking face
  • ๆœจ้™ฐ(ใ“ใ‹ใ’) = shade of a tree. A different reading of ๆœจ. In context as ๆœจ้™ฐ(ใ“ใ‹ใ’)ใงไผ‘(ใ‚„ใ™)ใ‚€.
  • ็ซ้”็ฃจ(ใฒใ ใ‚‹ใพ) = ball of flames; mass of flames; thing covered with flames. Itโ€™s that ้”็ฃจ(ใ ใ‚‹ใพ) = daruma.
  • ้€”ๆ–น(ใจใปใ†)ใซๆšฎ(ใ)ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to be at a loss; to be puzzled
  • ่ก€ๆนง(ใกใ‚)ใ่‚‰่บ(ใซใใŠใฉ)ใ‚‹ = to tingle with excitement
  • ่™ซ(ใ‚€ใ—)ใŒ็Ÿฅ(ใ—)ใ‚‰ใ›ใ‚‹ = to forebode
  • ้กŽ(ใ‚ใ”)ใ‚’ใ—ใ‚ƒใใ‚‹ = to jerk up oneโ€™s chin; to point oneโ€™s chin at (haughty looks)
  • ็ซ‹(ใŸ)ใกใฏใ ใ‹ใ‚‹ = to stand in the way
  • ๅŽๆ‹พ(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ—ใ‚…ใ†)ใŒใคใ‹ใชใใชใ‚‹ = to get out of hand
17 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 23rd
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 12.28% // Volume II: 39.92% :shinto_shrine:

Words found under the kotatsu

ๅ‡ ๅธณ้ขใ€Œใใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Methodical; meticulous; punctual
ๅ”ๆฉ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚‰ใฏใ—ใ€ใƒผ Chinese-style bridge

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1561)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€) - Military Commander
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€- Military Commander
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€) - Military Commander

ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€) - Retainer
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son

ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Matsudaira Clan
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Soldier
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

19 Likes

:snowflake: Day 54, 23rd of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Last time, our archer Romano shot the wolf, and today we find out that the wolf simply dissolves into nothingness. At least the princess is saved. But before they can return, the ground begins to shake.

18 Likes