๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

home post

14th feb

figured iโ€™d go for something less emotionally/philosophically taxing after my last couple of reads and went with ๅ‘ช่ก“ๅปปๆˆฆ0 cos itโ€™s four chapters and wraps up in one volume nicely (ish). first chunk was a bit of a struggle but once things got going i found it easier.

words that stood out: ้ฆ–่ฌ€ (ใ—ใ‚…ใผใ†, plotting, planning, ringleader. ็„ก่ฌ€ now makes a lot more sense to me), ่ชžๅฝ™ (ใ”ใ„, lexicon), ๅ…จๅฎน (ใœใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ†, full story, whole aspect). also considering how often they turn up iโ€™ll have ๅ‘ชใ„ and ็ฅ“ใ† sorted before the volumeโ€™s even over :joy:

23 Likes

Feb 14, Tue of Week 8 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.3 Ch.12 ้˜ฟ่ณ€้‡Žๅท(ใ‚ใŒใฎใŒใ‚)

Boatman show, but do not clap the hands.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใฒใจๆ‚ถ็€(ใ‚‚ใ‚“ใกใ‚ƒใ) = a small quarrel = ไธ€ๆ‚ถ็€(ใฒใจใ‚‚ใ‚“ใกใ‚ƒใ). Has Furigana.
  • ่ƒกไนฑ(ใ†ใ‚ใ‚“) = suspicious-looking. Has Furigana.
  • ๅคงๅฐฝ(ใ ใ„ใ˜ใ‚“) = rich person = ๅคง่‡ฃ(ใ ใ„ใ˜ใ‚“)
  • ๅท็€ฌ(ใ‹ใ‚ใ›) = rapids at shallows of a river = ็€ฌ(ใ›)
  • ๆต…็€ฌ(ใ‚ใ•ใ›) = shallows of river, but not rapid
  • ้‰„ๅ‰‡(ใฆใฃใใ) = iron-clad rules
  • ๅฟŒ(ใ„)ใฟ่จ€่‘‰(ใ“ใจใฐ) = taboo words. First Kanji in ็ฆๅฟŒ(ใใ‚“ใ) and ๅฟŒ(ใ„)ใพใ‚ใ—ใ„, Level 59.
  • ้›ฃ็ ด(ใชใ‚“ใฑ) = shipwreck. Somehow sounds similar to ่ปŸๆดพ(ใชใ‚“ใฑ) / ใƒŠใƒณใƒ‘ = hitting on women.
  • ็จผๆฅญ(ใ‹ใŽใ‚‡ใ†) = occupation. First Kanji in ็จผ(ใ‹ใ›)ใ.
  • ๅฏ›ๅฎน(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ†) = open-mindedness. First Kanji in ๅฏ›ๅคง(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ ใ„).
  • ๆฟๆ(ใ„ใŸใ–ใ„) = a wooden plank
19 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 14th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 09.50% // Volume II: 9.53% :fire:

So far, out of this and the two other books Iโ€™ve read in Japanese, I think that Yoshikawa has my favourite writing style. He gets to the point but will take the time to set the scene with great imagery at times. All the characters feel very alive too.

Words found under the kotatsu

ๆˆ›ใ€…ใ€Œใ‹ใคใ‹ใคใ€ใƒผ Clopping; clicking; clacking
้˜ใ€…ใ€Œใใ†ใใ†ใ€ใƒผ Lively; active; energetic; enthusiastic

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1556)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

23 Likes

:snowflake: Day 45, 14th of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Okay, today Iโ€™m not gonna spend as much time on this page. I want to go to bed at a more reasonable time.

Today weโ€™re still at the bar, but the old man from before joins us. If I understood it right, heโ€™s a researcher of old magic, and heโ€™s worried about the thing(s) happening in the woods. He tells them that nobody goes into the forest, and that thereโ€™s a lot of magic wolves. The leader (I think thatโ€™s what he wanted to say with ใƒชใƒผใƒ€ใƒผ?) has red eyes. Thanks for the info, old man!

20 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 14 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (47% โ†’ 50%)

Read a bit in the morning. Has been staying up a bit late the last few days so Iโ€™ll turn in early tonight.

23 Likes

February 9th-14th (Days 40-45) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅ‰็ทจ (44 - 66%)
ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (4 - 10%)
(I was planning to write out how much I read on each individual day, but I didnโ€™t keep track of that so this will have to do :sweat_smile:)

Iโ€™ve been diligently reading every day (and lurking around), I just didnโ€™t feel like engaging much.

In terms of reading, I managed to read week 1 of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ on time before the start of week 2. Also Iโ€™m pretty sure my reading speed on 1Q84 Book 1 ๅ‰็ทจ has improved quite a bit - though I have no data to support this. Maybe I should start timing myself. And maybe I should also start engaging a little more with the book club threads again (so much to talk about).

Iโ€™ve been looking for the words to describe how Iโ€™ve been feeling lately, and this is so accurate. Ah

23 Likes

Day 44
I just finished volume 4 of Tsugumomo . Rereading a manga in japanese is not as fun as reading it for the first time.

3312 pages read

19 Likes

February 14th!

Today I read a chapter of Mitsuboshi Colors, and then a few pacges of Chapter 54 of Shadows House.

(Home Post)

21 Likes

What grammar level are you at approximately? Reading something as difficult as HP is so darn impressive!!!

5 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :it:

February 13th

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
start - 13

February 14th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ9
86 - 91

I actually had about 30 min to read last night but I accidently wasted it on social media and then only had 5 minโ€ฆ Hopefully tonight will go better

20 Likes

Summary post

Day 44: February 13th
Missed :upside_down_face:
Working late strikes againโ€ฆand might strike again tomorrow tbh, I need to get some stuff done :weary: So many deadlines :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Day 45: February 14th
What did I read?: ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณใƒปใƒใ‚คใ‚ฆใ‚งใ‚ค :penguin:
How much did I read?: 3 pages
How long did it take me?: 20 minutes

Why did this feel so difficult today :upside_down_face: I wanted to make sure I read at least a little, but I stopped kind of early because I was struggle times.

20 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ”ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 12
  • ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง pg 93 โ†’ 106 (finished ch 8)

Word of the Day:
้œฒๅบ—ใ€Œใ‚ใฆใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ street stall, booth. I just really like any kanji with the ้›จ radical, i think they look pretty :smiling_face:

24 Likes

JJK was stupidly frustrating to read because there were just so many words/kanji that I donโ€™t see in any of my other reading and I feel my brains coming out of my ears every time I try to read it. Ultimately it was the manga that pushed me to finally get back to doing some sort of guided study routine because I was just kind of skating by reading the other shonen titles I was.

7 Likes

February 14th
What did I read?: ้ญ”ๅฅณใจ็Œซใฎ่ฉฑ
How much did I read?: 2 pages
(Continued 4th Story )
How long did it take me?: 11 m

Just a very short read since I started late and Iโ€™d like to improve my sleep schedule at least a little bit.

23 Likes

February 14 :snowflake: Home Post

Happy Valentineโ€™s Day!! :sparkling_heart: I was somewhat busy because of that, but I still had a good amount of time to chill with some BU$TAFELLOWS which was nice. It continues to be quite the time :eyes:

24 Likes

Read two chapters 8 and 9 of ้ญ”ๅฅณใฎๆ—…ใ€….

Well, ch9 explains a lot why MC is such and asshole, Everyone around her is.

21 Likes

Home post

2 ๆœˆ 15 ๆ—ฅ

ใ‚ณใƒŠใฎๅคงๅ†’้™บ ็ฌฌ 44 ่ฉฑ :black_cat:

This one made me tear up or to quote from the episode, ๆถ™ใŒๅ‡บใใ†ใ ใฃใŸ :smiling_face_with_tear: Iโ€™ve had several outdoor cats before (max was 13) and I know that feeling all too well when your cat doesnโ€™t come home for a day or two. A couple disappeared without ever coming back :sob:

Phrases of note:
  • ่ชฐใ ใฃใฆ equivalent to ใ ใ‚Œใงใ‚‚ but usually used in conversations
  • ไฝ•ใ ใฃใฆ equivalent to ใชใ‚“ใงใ‚‚ also used in conversations
  • ใ—ใใ‚Šใซๆ„Ÿๅฟƒใ—ใฆใ„ใŸ ใ€Œใ—ใใ‚Šใซใ‹ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใฆใ„ใŸใ€ repeatedly impressed usually accompanied by visual cues
  • ๆŠฑใไธŠใ’ใ‚‹ ใ€Œใ ใใ‚ใ’ใ‚‹ใ€ to hold up in oneโ€™s arms
  • ๆถ™ใŒๅ‡บใใ†ใ ใฃใŸ ใ€Œใชใฟใ ใŒใงใใ†ใ ใฃใŸใ€nearly cried, tears seemed like they would fall?
22 Likes

Thanks. I am not sure what my grammar level is. I went through like 90% of Minna No Nihongo 1 & 2 years ago and then stopped doing any focused grammar studies. Just trying to read a lot and even more listening a lot. But also, just because I read HP, doesnโ€™t mean I understand everything :wink:

9 Likes

with the level iโ€™m at this is kind of how reading is for me anyway, so iโ€™ll probably be alright :joy: at least ็ฅ“ใ† iโ€™d seen before (in the love live manga, of all places). understanding maki is gonna be the bane of my existence tho, i can already tell

9 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 14 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag:
Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts :books:

On Monday, I kept reading B$ after I posted and ending up finishing chapter 3. Somehow I read that chapter over two day! O_O Which is good, because it means Iโ€™ve finally gotten closer to actually catching up.

It really helps that Iโ€™m very motivated to reach the current reading because that is finally route specific rather than main story. (Not that the main story isnโ€™t fun, it is. But as the leader of the club, I felt comfortable being behind on that, but now that things are changing, I really feel like I need to catch up so I can do my duties properlyโ€ฆ)

Anyway, on to yesterday, Valentineโ€™s Day. Unfortunately for Kiro, it was a bit of an anti-valentine for him. My sweet little cat. Now, he will never be able to make a female cat pregnant. Somewhat of a bad date to have that done, huh? xD

Anyway, I ended up starting a new reread of Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts. That book just speaks to me on some levels, so I tend to reread it about once a year. And in the evening I read a bit of B$ just to be able to check the Japanese reading box. I was more interested in reading more Shelter in Place.

21 Likes