📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

:snowflake: Main Tracking Hub :snowflake:

1月22日〜27日

Materials:
:red_square: 地球星人

I dedicated all of my reading time to catching up with the Intermediate Book Club. After reading through Week 4, I am PERTURBED. First of all, I take back any sympathies I may have had for her sister and her mother. The next time we see Natsuki’s sister, she literally kicks her in the back while the girl’s talking with her friend on the phone. Meanwhile, the mother continues to insult her in both private and public. Natsuki says that she uses her as a “garbage can,” and I just…it’s beyond depressing and infuriating. Speaking of which, her freaking cram school teacher. The scene that ended the week’s reading made me anxious throughout. I am NOT okay. I know Natsuki wants to be obedient but…it’s one of those moments where you want so desperately to transport yourself into the book and help out the main character. Despite this, I’m having a good time reading it. Murata always knows how to hook me in.

Vocab

口ばっかり[くちばっかり]:all talk (and no action)​
達者[たっしゃ]:

「あんたはいつもそう、ろくなことができないくせに口ばっかり達者で」

二けた[にけた]:double-digit number

カレンダーに書き込んだ、ゆうに会える日までのカウントダウンの数字は、ついに二けたになった。

露わにする[あらわにする]:to expose, to reveal

振り向くと、不機嫌さを露わにした母が、店の奥からでてきたところだった。

急かす[せかす]:to hurry
のろのろ:slowly

急かされて、わたしはのろのろと鞄の中からポーチをとった。

For those interested, I saw on Twitter a Japanese version of Wordle: https://taximanli.github.io/kotobaasobou/.
I shamefully lost yesterday on a word I most certainly should have known. I can only hope to redeem myself going forward. :face_exhaling:

Those are so nice! I only have one that someone gave me from Hokkaido. It’s a generic one, but still quite pretty imo. :slightly_smiling_face:

写真

I’m so sorry for your loss. This happened to me a couple of years ago with my own 猫姫 (who I called my “elder kitty” in her final years). Props to you for finding a way to stay productive, but don’t hesitate to take a break if you have to. Heck, I still tear up if I think about my previous cat for too long. Would love to see a picture of the sweet girl, if you don’t mind sharing.

22 Likes