📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

Summary Post

January 24
君の名は , 17 pages.

Okay I don’t even know how it happened, but apparently I read that much today in around the same time span. Holy. I guess I was super into that part:

Heavy spoilers

It’s when they finally meet each other on top of the mountain, and well the moment before that when Taki remembers Mitsuha went to Tokyo to meet him, and she meets the 3-years-younger him and he’s like: あんた誰?, then she gives him her plaited cord that he uses as a bracelet. As well as the moment right after she disappears when the night comes when they’re writing each other’s names on their hands.

I kinda lost track of time, I think this is the first time this happened. In fact it’s the first time I’ve read this much. Such a nice feeling. And I’ve also noticed that I’m starting to actually feel emotionally moved through this language at times (finally!!!). I guess I’m starting to interiorise the emotional weight of some words, it’s not always just mechanical and rote language learning. I’ve been a bit worried for a long while that I wasn’t able to feel emotion through reading Japanese, but I guess it’s just a matter of time until you’re able to grasp and interiorise the language and the cultural background and implications. To know the definition of a word is one thing, but to comprehend the actual weight that word carries is a much different beast, I think, and I feel that that takes quite some time. It’s a nice surprise and a welcome one :slight_smile: .

29 Likes