📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 ☃❄

Since I have been lurking here for about a week, I finally decided to make my calender post. Sadly my ordered stuff did not arrive before the 07.01 so I started a bit late on the 08.

Jan
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
:x: :x:
:x: :x: :x: :x: :x: :o: :o:
:o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o:
:o:
Feb
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
:o: :o: :o: :o: :x: :o:
:o:

Feels good to be doing something with japanese again after being inactive for 1 1/2 years with it.

The things I read/read(past tense ^^):
First I started with よつばと vol 14 as a refresher before jumping into the new volume 15 that came with the order. Yotsuba was a breeze to read through, like always. Such a good manga.

I also ordered しろくまカフェ todays special 1-3. Currently I read a chapter every morning. The manga is suprisingly hard for me. So much special vocabulary that I didn’t know and too low context to infer much :confused: . The new years chapter 旧正月 or the coffe making chapter…

In the evening, if I find time, I work my way through ソラニン. It’s a good read but I have to look up quite a bit of vocabulary there too. In addition the vocabulary I forgot during my time away from japanese is haunting me in the extreme. I often have a lingering feeling that I SHOULD KNOW a word. Learning useful vocabulary though: マグロ 性交のときに自らは体を動かさず、ただ寝転がっている相手 who knew…

The last item in the haul was the complete Slam Dunk new editions (20 volumes instead of 32 but normal size). As soon as the other mangas are done I’m really looking forward to binging the series in 2 weeks or so. After that we will see. I have still some unread novels/lns and probably finally finsh kino no tabi 1. Or maybe a game in japanese?

I will not post every day but probably update my status once a week.
So よろしくね。

27 Likes