📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2022 🏖 ☀

Summary post

The challenge is going well so far, and so are my translations!

Last week, I translated Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling’s August 7 VOD show (here’s my post about it). Here’s a photo from that show that I really enjoyed:

This is from a 3-way match wherein Hyper Misao (on the bottom) and Pom Harajuku (surfing) got mad at Mahiro Kiryu (bowing) for not showing enough enthusiasm for summer during their match. Mahiro was in the middle of apologizing, hence why she’s bowing (yes, she has an actual move where she apologizes while sitting on top of her opponent).

TJPW just had two very big shows last weekend, and I finally finished the translation for the first one on August 13! I split my posts about it into two because there was a lot to talk about :sweat_smile:.

Here’s a photo from this show, featuring visiting American indie nonbinary wrestler Max the Impaler just absolutely destroying poor Pom Harajuku:

I still have the August 14 Korakuen Hall show left to translate, which is going to be a lot of work, though not nearly as much as the August 13 one.

There has been lots of, uh, bad twitter discourse over the tournament already, lol, and I’m not sure my translations will do much to help with that, but the one I just completed does seem to be really appreciated. I think it’s my best one yet, in terms of quality of the translation as well as length/thoroughness. My speed is also picking up, too, because I was able to finish translating 6600 characters in just four days.

Going to have another busy week ahead of me, though :sweat_smile:.

25 Likes