๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Spring 2023 ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ

I sum up at night, around 10pm or later, so thatโ€™s how I try to remember or try not to forget vocabularies, sometimes from other than reading. Even so, I often post 1 day before other people.

Reading manga isnโ€™t very heavy on me, so might try to read a chapter at night, even if I somehow didnโ€™t do things during the day. (Listening is more prioritized and more regular. Novels / LN are relatively heavy. Games are occasion-dependent.)

New Zealand is pretty far east, but I assume a lot of people posted from US, probably western US. Thatโ€™s far west, so itโ€™s almost 1 day later. (Mine is not so far east, behind Japan by 2 hours.)

14 Likes

2nd april

home post

some more granblue fantasy, probably would have done more but had to have an ibs-related lie down (better now). also read a short fan-made visual novel that was pretty cute, was maybe half an hour total? which helped me learn when to use ๅ…จใƒซใƒผใƒˆ

26 Likes

Iโ€™m usually in Australia, but currently on holiday so posting much later.

9 Likes

:house:
2 Apr

ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ 29% - 30%

Itโ€™s been very hard to fit reading time in while Iโ€™m in Bali, but I managed one page today.

And hereโ€™s another Aussie currently overseas

27 Likes

home post
๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ’ๆ—ฅ
unfortunately, it just so happens that I was out of town all day yesterday with no chance to read. soo technically my read-every-day challenge starts today!

todayโ€™s reading
ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ pages 67-76

notes: Iโ€™m reading this with the ABBC, and man this weekโ€™s section was tough. getting close to halfway through the volume though!

27 Likes

:raccoon: :seedling: :cherry_blossom: The Reading Meadow :cherry_blossom: :seedling: :raccoon:

April 2nd
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 25.15% // Volume III: 82.45% :fish_cake:

Only time for a short read today, thankfully the chapter was short too, good timing book.

Words found in a tree stump

None today, empty stump

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 1562

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi (Married to Nene)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ใ“ใฒ - Wife
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Oldest Daughter (Married to Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Youngest Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€(Common name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
้“ๅฎถ ๆธ…ๅ้ƒŽใ€Œใฉใ†ใ‘ ใ›ใ„ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Wealthy farmer and lord

ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Retainer
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Miyoshi Clan
ไธ‰ๅฅฝ ้•ทๆ…ถใ€Œใฟใ‚ˆใ— ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Head of the Miyoshi clan

Retainers
ๆพๆฐธ ๅผพๆญฃ ไน…็ง€ใ€ŒใพใคใชใŒ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ† ใฒใ•ใฒใงใ€

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
่ถณๅˆฉ ็พฉ่ผใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใ‹ใŒ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ€- 13th Shogun of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ๆ™ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใฏใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใจใ€- 34th Kanrei of the Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

Volume III: 1562 - 15??
(Currently 1566)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda Clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father (previous leader of the Oda Clan)

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€(Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€) - Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Wife
( โ€“ โ€“ ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father)
( โ€“ โ€“ ใŠใ‚„ๅฑ‹ใ€ŒใŠใ‚„ใ‚„ใ€- Younger sister)
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant
โ€“ ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister

Military Commanders
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก็››ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใ ใ•ใ ใ€
ๆปๅท ไธ€็›Šใ€ŒใŸใใŒใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ™ใ€
่…ๅฑ‹ ้•ท้ ผใ€Œใ™ใŒใ‚„ ใชใŒใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€
็น”็”ฐ ๅบƒ่‰ฏใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฒใ‚ใ‚ˆใ—ใ€(cousin to Nobunaga)
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(also called: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
ๅทๅฃ ๅฎ—ๅ‹ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใใก ใ‚€ใญใ‹ใคใ€(Common name: ไน…ๅŠฉใ€Œใใ‚…ใ†ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ—ฅๆฏ”้‡Ž ๅ…ญๅคงๅคซใ€Œใฒใณใฎ ใ‚ใใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€
ๆขถ็”ฐ ็›ด็นใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใŸ ใชใŠใ—ใ’ใ€(also called: ้šผไบบใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใจใ€)
ๆพๅŽŸ ๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€
ๅ €ๅฐพ ๅ‰ๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚ˆใ—ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ่Œ‚ๅŠฉใ€Œใ‚‚ใ™ใ‘ใ€)
โ€“ ๅ €ๅฐพ ๆณฐๆ™ดใ€Œใปใ‚ŠใŠ ใ‚„ใ™ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅ‰ไน…ใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใฒใ•ใ€) - Father
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(also called: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(also known as: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ ๅฐšๆธ…ใ€Œใ„ใ„ใฎใŠ ใฒใ•ใใ‚ˆใ€
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€
่’ฒ็”Ÿ ๆฐ้ƒทใ€ŒใŒใ‚‚ใ† ใ†ใ˜ใ•ใจใ€
่’ๆœจ ๆ‘้‡ใ€Œใ‚ใ‚‰ใ ใ‚€ใ‚‰ใ—ใ’ใ€

Matsudaira Clan โ†’ name change to โ†’ Tokugawa Clan
ๆพๅนณ ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€(name change: ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Leader of the Matsudaira Clan
โ€“ ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€- Eldest son

Military Commanders
็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€
้…’ไบ• ๅฟ ๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใŸใ ใคใใ€

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€(also called: ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใ“ใ‚ใใ€// new name because itโ€™s a new year so why not, letโ€™s have a new name: ๅฝฆๅณ่ก›้–€ ๆญฃๅ‹ใ€Œใฒใ“ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ ใพใ•ใ‹ใค) - Leader of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€- Wife
โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Eldest son
โ€“ ๅˆๅ้ƒŽใ€ŒใพใŸใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Cousin

ๆธก่พบ ๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้•ทไบ• ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Retainer

Ujiie Clan
ๆฐๅฎถ ็›ดๅ…ƒใ€Œใ†ใ˜ใ„ใˆ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใจใ€- Military Commander

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ็พฉ็ตฑใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใšใฟ ๏ผ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Military Commander

Kanbe Clan
ๅฑฑ่ทฏ ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ‚„ใพใ˜ ใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Military Commander

Date Clan
ไผŠ้” ๆ”ฟๅฎ—ใ€Œใ ใฆ / ใ„ใ ใฆ ใพใ•ใ‚€ใญใ€(also know as: ็‹ฌ็œผ้พใ€Œใ ใใŒใ‚“ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€(one-eyed dragon) - Leader of the Date clan

Mino Province
ๅคงๆฒข ๆฌก้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใ•ใ‚ ใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ่™Žใ€Œใจใ‚‰ใ€) - Lord of Unuma Castle
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้พ่ˆˆใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใŸใคใŠใใ€- Daimyo

Military Commanders
ไธ็ ด ๅ…‰ๆฒปใ€Œใตใ‚ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€(also called: ๅนณๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใธใ„ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๅฎ‰่—ค ๅฎšๆฒปใ€Œใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใ† ใ•ใ ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ็ฏ„ไฟŠใ€Œใฎใ‚Šใจใ—ใ€)
็ซนไธญ ้‡ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใ—ใ’ใฏใ‚‹ใ€(also called: ๅŠๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใฏใ‚“ในใˆใ€)
โ€“ ็ซนไธญ ๅ–„ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใชใ‹ ใœใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Subordinate

Aki Province
็ฆๅณถ ๅธ‚ๆพใ€Œใตใใ—ใพ ใ„ใกใพใคใ€- Son of Hideyoshiโ€™s aunt

Muromachi/Ashikaga Shogunate
็ดฐๅท ่—คๅญใ€Œใปใใ‹ใ‚ ใตใ˜ใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๅนฝๆ–Žใ€Œใ‚†ใ†ใ•ใ„ใ€) - Military Commander

Unaffiliated
ๆต็“Šใ€Œใˆใ‘ใ„ใ€- Travelling monk
ๅฐพๅทž ้ขจๅฎขใ€Œใณใ—ใ‚…ใ† ใตใ†ใใ‚ƒใใ€- Mountain Hermit

26 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :tulip: ๏ผ”ๆœˆ๏ผ’ๆ—ฅ :tulip: :cherry_blossom: (Home Post Link)

I got a new toy yesterday! In kind of a strange turn of events, I ended up trading a stack of pokemon cards for an in-box PSP. It should be mod-able, so I can add it to my collection of consoles for japanese games once I spend some time with it (currently have a modded wii, a homebrew 3ds, and an actual japanese ds lite). I knew there were a bunch of good jrpgs and vns on the PSP when I got it, but i was totally unprepared for the quantity of them! Easily saw a couple dozen games worth playing, and that was just of stuff I recognized. A lot of the consoleโ€™s catalogue was never translated to english, so Iโ€™ll have to do some more digging at some point.

Anyway, very excited to start messing around with that. Most VNs are still too hard for me to play comfortably without a textractor setup, but eventually it will be a lot of fun! (and I mean, cmon, when was the last time you saw a PSP, let alone got a chance to trade cards for one :laughing: )

Read:

• ๅ››ๆœˆใฏๅ›ใฎๅ˜˜ ch 2 - 2 chapters doesnโ€™t feel like a lot numbers-wise, but I am about 2/3rds of the way through the first volume already :laughing: so much katakana and specific domain terminology in this one

Word(s) of the Day:
ๆผ”ๅฅ๏ผˆใˆใ‚“ใใ†๏ผ‰ใƒผ musical performance (+ ๆผ”ๅฅไผš ใƒผ concert, recital)
ๅ†’ๆถœ๏ผˆใผใ†ใจใ๏ผ‰ใƒผ blasphemy
็ˆ†็ก๏ผˆใฐใใ™ใ„๏ผ‰ใƒผ sleeping like a log

I usually do this if I donโ€™t think Iโ€™m going to read any more japanese that day (like today! itโ€™s only 10am for me, but probably will probably be too busy to read more), so youโ€™re not alone! But when I read fluctuates a lot, donโ€™t have a super set daily schedule

27 Likes

went looking for my wii u the other day to make sure it hadnโ€™t bricked in the years i hadnโ€™t used it, and came across both an old psp and a ps vita that i had no idea we still had :joy: no games for either of them, but we kept the consoles, for some reason???

9 Likes

4ๆœˆ2ๆ—ฅ
Home post

:cd: ใ‚นใ‚ญใƒƒใƒ—ยทใƒ“ใƒผใƒˆ! vol. 1 (p. 112 โ†’ p. 181) finished
I read the free version from bookwalker, which is only available until tomorrow (I think). So I read faster through this volume than I should have (to understand everything). Years ago I already read the first volume in english and watched the anime. So I could follow the plot. But yeah, I wished I would have had more time to actually look up vocabulary/kanji.
(And yeah, the emoji does not really fit the story, but I couldnโ€™t think of a better one :woman_shrugging: )

:old_key: 999 (middle of scene 3 โ†’ end of scene 3)
I finished this weeks sections/scenes. Like with Skip beat I went through it rather fast because I am not sure whether I will get the chance during weekdays to sit in front of the PC to read this VN. But contrary to Skip Beat I think I understood everything thanks to the instant look up ability of textractor and game2text(lightning). But I was not able to write down new vocabulary etc. So I am not sure how much I learned while reading it. Next weekend while reading the next scenes I want to try to write down at least a few vocabularies to really learn them afterwards. But I guess if I wonโ€™t have the time for it again, I just hope that some vocabulary will be used so often, that at some point I donโ€™t have to look them up anymore and just learn them on the fly :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

2/4 10 pages Spy Family, 24 pages ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒ‰ใƒผใƒใ‚ฆใ‚น

Bit of reading today with a short flight, tomorrow will be busy but have a 3 hour bus ride later on so can hopefully get some done.

25 Likes

By now I figured that youโ€™re usually on a plane though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

April 2nd :heavy_check_mark: :european_castle: :evergreen_tree:

ใ‹ใŒใฟใฎๅญคๅŸŽ, 6-9%
็ฅžๅŽปใชใ‚ใชใ‚ๆ—ฅๅธธ, 5-12%

ใ‹ใŒใฟใฎๅญคๅŸŽ felt better today with the sped-up audio. There was a little more action too, so that also helped. Iโ€™m finding I didnโ€™t miss all that much when I was only listening, but since I wasnโ€™t sure what I missed, the uncertainty bothered me more and more as I got further into the book.

็ฅžๅŽปใชใ‚ใชใ‚ๆ—ฅๅธธ continues to be very good. We now started getting into the actual forestry work, and itโ€™s very interesting, but also a little slower to go through, as thereโ€™s increased unknown vocabulary and some extra effort to picture what theyโ€™re doing. Nothing actually hard, just a little harder than the beginning. A fascinating world, new to me, but actually old and pretty timeless. I hadnโ€™t realized so much of forestry work was about helping the trees grow. I had thought it was just about cutting them down.

28 Likes

April 2nd!

Today I read Chapter 69 of Shadows House. A lot has happened in the last few chapters so Iโ€™m really excited to see whats going to happen next.

(Home Post)

27 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // April 2 :cherry_blossom: :blossom:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ 4 (8% โ†’ 10%)

Just a tiny read, finished chapter 2.

26 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :tulip: :blossom: April 2 :blossom: :tulip: :cherry_blossom:
Home Post

:infinity: ใƒซใƒผใƒ‘ใƒผใ‚บ (Loopers) : 1/4th-1/3rd of chapter 11 read
:white_flower: A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar : Last section for the week

I had hoped Iโ€™d move on to some English reading this evening, but I admit defeat by now (quarter to midnight). I spent too long watching old Poirot episodes on Britbox. Really love it though. Iโ€™m a sucker for a lot of these more cozy UK crime shows.

And I read the last section of DoBJG for the week, on passive. I wonder if itโ€™ll ever be necessary to be able to differentiate direct vs indirect passive, my guess is not. Otherwise I had nothing to say about this section, I knew it pretty well considering how much Japanese loves using the passive.

25 Likes

Apr 2, Sun of Week 1 of Spring Q2 2023 :cherry_blossom:

• DoBJG: Characteristics of JP Grammar - 4-5. Personal Pronouns, Passive

The clubโ€™s week seems to be 1-5, so forward from 1? In the end, I decided to go with backward scheme, 5, 4. (Amount due to content.)

• ใ†ใ‚‰ใ‚‰่ฟท่ทฏๅธ– Vol.4 (37-47%)

• ๆฎ‹ๆœˆ่จ˜ : ๆœˆๆ™ฏ็Ÿณ Ch.8/3

Next chapter, last chapter, feels long and a little complex, even in listening, so next time.

At least, now, I am pretty clear on what happened.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ : ไบŒไบบใฎ็™ฝ็š‡
Words of the day
  • ใฎใ‚Šใฎใ‚Š(.) = (on-mim) in high spirits
  • ใคใ‚“ใฎใ‚ใ‚‹(.) = to fall forward, i.e. heavy body falling down. Falling with ใคใ‚“ on-mim, and the real verb is ใฎใ‚ใ‚‹(,) = to trip; to stumble.
  • ๆกˆ(ใ‚ใ‚“)ใ˜ใ‚‹ = to be anxious about; to concern about / to devise = ๆกˆ(ใ‚ใ‚“)ใšใ‚‹
  • ่ƒธ(ใ‚€ใญ)ใฎ่ฃก(ใ†ใก)ใง = inside the chest. No Furigana, so need to check the audio. ่ฃก(ใ†ใก) probably means inside.
  • ็ฟณ(ใ‹ใ’)ใ‚Š = shade; gloom; melancholy. Has Furigana. Also written ้™ฐ(ใ‹ใ’)ใ‚Š. Of course, the Kanji is ้™ฐ(ใ‹ใ’).
  • ๆฐพๆฟซ(ใฏใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ‚“) = overflowing / flood. Has Furigana. Sound similar to ๅไนฑ(ใฏใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ‚“) = uprising; rebel.
  • ๆ–ญๆœซ้ญ”(ใ ใ‚“ใพใคใพ) = oneโ€™s dying hour. Has Furigana. Has seen before, perhaps more worth of remembering in Kana.
  • ๅˆ‡(ใ)ใ‚Šๆ ช(ใ‹ใถ) = a stump (of a tree); stubble (of wheat)
  • ๅทจ่ป€(ใใ‚‡ใ) = huge body = ๅทจ่บฏ(ใใ‚‡ใ). Has Furigana. Perhaps just alternate Kanji form.
  • ๆ‰‹่ฒ (ใฆใŠ)ใ„ = wounded
  • ไธ€ๆ—้ƒŽๅ…š(ใ„ใกใžใใ‚ใ†ใจใ†) = oneโ€™s family and followers
  • ไธ€ๅคฉไธ‡ไน—(ใ„ใฃใฆใ‚“ใฐใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†) = (governing; ruling) the whole realm. Has Furigana. Different latter half from ๆณขไนฑไธ‡ไธˆ(ใฏใ‚‰ใ‚“ใฐใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†).
  • ไธ€ๆˆฆ(ใ„ใฃใ›ใ‚“)ใ‚’ไบค(ใพใ˜)ใˆใ‚‹ = to have a fight. Actually, no ใ‚’ in context.

Kanji

• ่ป€(ใ‚ฏ) (่บฏ)
    • body frame
    • ใ‚ฏ
      • ไฝ“่บฏ(ใŸใ„ใ)
      • ๅทจ่บฏ(ใใ‚‡ใ), ย  ย  ็—ฉ่บฏ(ใใ†ใ)
      • ็Ÿญ่บฏ(ใŸใ‚“ใ), ย  ย  ้•ท้ง†(ใกใ‚‡ใ†ใ)
      • ็—…่บฏ(ใณใ‚‡ใ†ใ), ย  ย  ่€่บฏ(ใ‚ใ†ใ)
    • ่บฏ(ใ‚€ใใ‚)
26 Likes

I technically started the challenge yesterday, but didnโ€™t have time to make my summary post until now :sweat_smile:. Once again, Iโ€™ll be attempting to read in both Spanish and Japanese every day! Iโ€™m coming back over from the listen every day challenge, and Iโ€™ve kept up a successful 91 day reading/listening streak so far. Will this be the challenge that does me in? Tune in to find out, I guess!

Apr ๆœˆ ็ซ ๆฐด ๆœจ ้‡‘ ๅœŸ ๆ—ฅ
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17
May ๆœˆ ็ซ ๆฐด ๆœจ ้‡‘ ๅœŸ ๆ—ฅ
Week 18
Week 19
Week 20
Week 21
Week 22

= Japanese
= Japanese and Spanish

I wonโ€™t be posting every day, and will probably be late to update my calendar, but Iโ€™ll try to drop in on occasion with some wrestling photos and other stuff!

What I'm planning on reading in Spanish:

Iโ€™m currently reading Cantoras by Carolina De Robertis on my kindle! Itโ€™s going pretty well so far. The book is long enough, I think it will probably keep me occupied for the entire challenge period, but if it doesnโ€™t, Iโ€™ll probably pick up another book on kindle to read.

What I'm planning on reading in Japanese:

Yโ€™all probably know the drill already: my main priority is translating promos and post-match comments for Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, which is a mixture of listening and reading practice for me. Theyโ€™re delivered in audio/video format, but I rely heavily on the transcripts published on shupro (้€ฑๅˆŠใƒ—ใƒญใƒฌใ‚น)'s mobile website, and occasionally on TJPWโ€™s own website, in the case of press conferences and such.

So generally, itโ€™s mostly reading practice thatโ€™s heavily supplemented by listening, because the transcripts often leave stuff out or get stuff wrong or have confusing typos.

In addition to that, Iโ€™m still trying to finish volume 3 of ๅคงๆตทๅŽŸใจๅคงๆตทๅŽŸ, after all this time, haha, and Iโ€™m also part of the way through ๅฅณ่ฃ…ใ—ใฆใ‚ใ‚“ใฉใใ•ใ„ไบ‹ใซใชใฃใฆใ‚‹ใƒใ‚ฏใƒฉใจใƒคใƒณใ‚ญใƒผใฎไธก็‰‡ๆƒณใ„ 3, which Iโ€™m reading less intensively (and now greatly aided by Mokuro).

I also finally started Read Real Japanese Fiction, which Iโ€™m really enjoying so far! I had grand plans of reading each story multiple times, once on my own, then while referencing the translations on the opposite page, then a third time while referencing the notes in the back, but I totally gave up on that plan because the translation notes in the back are my favorite part of the book, and are the main reason I bought it, so Iโ€™m just reading each story very, very intensively, haha, and am reading all of the supplemental info as I go.

Iโ€™m also reading the Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar along with the club here, and am currently working through Tobira, but wonโ€™t be counting either for the purposes of this challenge.

On very busy days, I will allow myself to count the Wrestle Universe chat (which is a mixture of English-speaking and Japanese-speaking fans, with occasional Spanish-speakers, haha) and twitter and such like that.

I might also read other stuff that is not on this list! Iโ€™ll occasionally try reading wrestling articles and interviews, and sometimes Iโ€™ll read short comics on twitter or pick up random other manga if it strikes my fancy. But basically, all other reading must defer to my TJPW translation workload, which is time-sensitive and thus takes priority.

30 Likes

:sunflower:April 2:sunflower:

:white_flower: A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammarใƒปpg 27
ใƒปWorking on this weekโ€™s reading, I managed to get a good chunk of it done. The intro pages read more like a textbook, but the comments in the book club thread are hilarious.

:video_game: ไบŒใƒŽๅ›ฝ็™ฝใ่–็ฐใฎๅฅณ็Ž‹ใƒปใ‚ดใƒญใƒใƒผใƒซๅŸŽใธ่กŒใ“ใ†๏ผ
Session started off at the end of the ๆปใฎๅ›žๅปŠ section. When the boss ใƒŒใ‚ท came out, I thought he was going to squash or eat the little monster, but he just yeets him instead. :rofl: Thereโ€™s still a lot of tutorial stuff, but Iโ€™m having fun.

Some interesting words:
ใƒปๅฟ…ๆฎบๆŠ€ใ€Œใฒใฃใ•ใคใ‚ใ–ใ€๏ผ killer technique; special or lethal move
ใƒป้€€ๆฒปใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ extermination (ex. of monsters)
ใƒปๅค‰ใ‚ใฃใŸใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใฃใŸใ€ใƒผ I usually see ๅค‰ใ‚ใ‚‹ mean โ€œto changeโ€ but ๅค‰ใ‚ใฃใŸ specifically can also mean โ€œunusualโ€ or โ€œweirdโ€ in the context I encountered it in.

27 Likes

ๆฏŽๆ—ฅ่ชญ่งฃใƒใƒฃใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธใƒป2ๆ—ฅ็›ฎ

ไปŠๆ—ฅใฏๆ™‚้–“ใŒใ‚ใพใ‚Šใชใใฆใ€ใƒ†ใ‚ญใ‚นใƒˆใฎไปฃใ‚ใ‚Šใซๆ—ฅ็ตŒๆ–ฐ่žใ‚’่ชญใฟใพใ—ใŸใ€‚ๅพŒใง็Ÿฅใ‚‰ใชใ„่จ€่‘‰ใจๆ–‡ๆณ•ใƒใ‚คใƒณใƒˆใ‚’ใƒ›ใƒผใƒ ๆŠ•็จฟใซๅ…ฅใ‚Œใ‚‹ใคใ‚‚ใ‚Šใงใ™๐Ÿ˜ด

:cherry_blossom: ใƒ›ใƒผใƒ ๆŠ•็จฟ :cherry_blossom:

25 Likes

Oh no, Iโ€™m being watched! :eyes:
Yeah, I really like how chill it is. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ll have anything profound so say though :sweat_smile:
Glad youโ€™re having a good time reading ใƒŠใƒซใƒˆ. All your hard work is paying off, keep it up!

11 Likes