📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

June 28

Reread another 7,5 (or was it 8,5?) pages today to finish off rereading the first story in volume 1 of Zenitendou. Felt absolutely fine.

So my hypothesis for why rereading the first part felt harder than the later parts of the story: I (re)read late afternoon (right before dinner), it was hot, I was tired, I hadn’t read Japanese in three days.

It just felt inexplicable at the time, but it was perhaps only a matter of several not-good conditions acting together.

I didn’t end up reading more today, partly because I spent a lot of time on the forum today instead, and opening packages with books. :eyes:

True. :sweat_smile: My wallet is crying tears of blood. :sob: :drop_of_blood: :sob: :drop_of_blood:

Funnily enough, I was looking through these books I bought and only 2 of them (of the same series) are not in any way related to a WK book club. (And the grammar dictionaries obviously…)

Some are past books like Fukaboku, or current ones like Yoru cafe (although I think that finishes soon?), or upcoming one (耳をすませば). Zenitendou 4-6 isn’t technically part of a past book club because I don’t think there is any discussion past volume 2 in the spinoff thread (or not much talk past that anyway), but still technically spinoffs from a book club.

Orange 7 is, of course, a future/upcoming part of the book club I’m leading that is starting on Saturday with volume 1. :tangerine: Obligatory link to club because as shepherd of the club, I gotta recruit, right?

The rest of the books are nominations in BBC.

And then we have the Hotel manga, the only (currently) non-WK book club books I bought. :joy:

The book clubs are too good at recommending books, me thinks. :thinking: (The hotel manga is however a recommendation from the forum, so even that one I didn’t find outside this place :joy: )

16 Likes