📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

Main Post

Finished reading 猫奥 volume 1 and 銭天堂 volume 1 this weekend. The cat manga was a decent read. Some funny classical faces, but had too little meat on the bone for me to continue. Thought it was nice to learn some things about the inner workings and life around this specific part tho. Book was a nice read, I docked off a star for the hairdresser story. I think my favorite was the taiyaki fishing chapter, was very imaginative. The little epilogue also has this mysterious vibe. So I think it’s save to say it was good success. Also marked a new milestone, as I read 50 volumes worth since I started last year. Guess the next one I’ll hit soonish is 10k pages read (yes, it’s over 9000 atm).

Already started reading a new manga:

Immediately began with a reference to Schrodinger’s cat. Not sure if it was making fun of VN’s or something, but I went leo.gif on it. It’s a 4-koma manga about a high school girl and a talking shiba inu in a post apocalyptic world. I find it very strange, but it seems like a good challenge to expand myself into. I read the first two chapters and each page has a theme with one or two 4-koma strips. The dog talks up a storm and the girl seems like a mess.

As we’ve done a month of this challenge already, I thought maybe it would be nice to do a VN this month on the side. I’ve already played some games on the background, but as more members are talking about it this might be nice to share. Last week my steam deck arrived, which unlocks my options more. I’ll first explore that some more, like do I play something new in JP from the start or replay something I’m already familiar with. This gives me some time to wrap up whatever I was planning to still do in Arceus. There will be a review of that later, but in the Japanese gaming thread. So look forward to that. :eyes:

27 Likes