📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

This is my first time joining, but this is starting at an opportune time. Have had to pause my Japanese studies for a couple weeks because of exams. Am pretty beat, here’s to hoping this will help me get back on the wagon Deaded
Might be starting a bit late because I have tons of things to catch up to 3x

4月
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01 02 03
04 05 06 07 08 09 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
5月
月 火 水 木 金 土 日
01
02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
What I'm up to

I’m planning to combine my every day reading with mining. Current plan is to read until I’ve at least mined 10 new, +1 monolingual sentence cards (Amount lowered on the 16th of April from 20 to 15, on May 1st from 15 to 10). I’ll mark days on which I’ve had a dedicated reading session with , days on which I’ve also accomplished my mining goal with .
The book I’m reading is かがみの孤城

Finished Chapter 1 (五月, 10% total) on April 17th. (Took me a while :scream: )
Finished Chapter 2 (六月, 18.5% total) on April 25th. (Still taking me too long… This whole mining thing is taking up way more time than I expected :scream: )
Finished Chapter 3(七月, 25% total) on April 30th. (Math says slightly faster, but still too long… Wondering if I should put less priority on the mining, but I should stick to the plan. Getting faster by cutting down the work isn’t what I want :sob: )
Finished Chapter 4(八月, 35% total) on May 8th. (I picked up in speed a bit. Doesn’t show as much in the %/day because I’ve had a couple low days. Mining has gotten much easier and I’ve changed my mindset about it a little bit these last days. Feeling better about my progress, maybe I’ll be able to finish かがみの孤城 before university picks up again :scream: )
Finished Chapter 5(九月, 40% total) on May 9th. (Still too slow :angry: … okay, not really :see_no_evil: Finished 5%, about 12500 characters, an entire chapter, in about a day. While mining a bunch and having really high comprehension. Am feeling quite proud, and since nobody is ever going to read this anyways I’m okay saying so :') Sadly this is probably going to be the peak %/day for this challenge, because circumstances have changed and I’ll probably have to reduce my reading time even more.)
Finished Chapter 6(十月, 44,6% total) on May 11th. (Back to more modest speeds we are. Likely will have to slow down even more, which is pretty frustrating. I really wanted to finish this before my exams :c)
Finished Chapter 7(十一月, 48,3% total) on May 12th. (Whoops, got a little hooked on that one)
Finished Chapter 8(十ニ月, 55,7% total) on May 13th. (Finished Book 1) (… going to slow down any day now. Who needs that degree anyways, right?)
Finished Chapter 9(一月, 63,3% total) on May 15th. (Didn’t get much reading done on the 14th, only 7 pages, so this one was a bit slower. Overall the reading has gotten pretty smooth, now it’s mostly a thing of time and stamina. The 5%/day that seemed so fast just a couple days ago are now becoming the norm.)
Finished Chapter 10(二月, 71% total) on May 16th. (Wasn’t a fan of this chapter at all. I had some issues with the writing before, but this one nugged me from “It’s good but not very well thought through” to “This isn’t very well written” :c Here’s to hoping the ending can nudge me back again :pray: )
Finished the book on May 17 (Feeling a little better about the book, the ending was a very nice read. Didn’t solve my problems with the previous chapter, but lessened the sting a little)

Who I'm stalking

Mostly for myself. Links for easier stalking :man_detective:
sycamore
Scylie