📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall/Autumn 2021 🍁🍂🦝

Summary post

Day 13: September 13
What did I read?: ハイ☆スピード!
How much did I read?: 4 pages
How long did it take me?: 1 hour 24 min

Man, lots of explaining on these pages :sweat_smile: First about the relay practice, and why Rin’s fast in the short lanes, then about the class project. Reading non-dialogue portions is definitely not my strongest suit. Something is up with Makoto (but lord knows Haru isn’t going to ask what it is xP at least, he hasn’t yet.). This class project is pretty cute though, they’re like, actually making the bricks for the flower bed? Like from clay, from scratch? I didn’t realize that for some reason lol, I assumed they’d be premade. I don’t think “making bricks” has ever even occurred to me as a thing you could just…do. But it sounds cute :grin:

This part talks about the events that each of them have competed in in the past, and I find it interesting that there’s literally no mention of backstroke for Makoto at all at this point (his specialty in the anime). Just breaststroke and freestyle. I remember there being A Reason why he gets into backstroke, but I guess I sort of thought he’d have some background competing in it before it becomes His Thing. :thinking: It’s just weirding me out, thinking about Makoto not swimming backstroke lol

Good words from today:

• 重点 (じゅうてん) - important point; emphasis; stress; importance; priority
  • 過言 (かごん) - exaggeration; overstatement; saying too much (such lovely, literal words)
  • 感じ取る (かんじとる) - to perceive; to sense; to take in; to grasp; to feel
  • 思い思い (おもいおもい) - just as (each) one likes; as (each) one pleases; as (each) one prefers; (each) in one’s own way (I think this word is really cute for some reason)
  • 拘る (こだわる) - to be obsessive about; to be fixated on​ (as in, Haruka Nanase is fixated on freestyle :rofl:)
  • メド継 (めどけい) - medley relay (thank you Google)

So I played around with it on Google a little bit more and I think the grammar point is actually んばかりに! Here’s a video in Japanese that I think I actually understood, wao, learning Japanese grammar in Japanese

Welcome welcome! :wave: :wave: I love Yotsuba, that was the first thing I ever read ^^

Yes it does! I like that :o

18 Likes