📚📚 Read every day challenge - Fall 2022 🍁🍂

:fallen_leaf::maple_leaf: October 27 :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf: home post link🏡

I finished reading ごんぎつね. I’ll be honest, I peeked at the pictures at the end of the book yesterday and I saw a gun. I could pretty much predict the ending from that alone.

spoilers for the ending ahead:

So 兵十 shot and killed ごん, thinking that ごん was being mischievous, even though the fox was just doing a nice thing instead ._. I don’t like that. I wonder what the moral of the story is supposed to be. Don’t be naughty or mischievous, otherwise even your good deeds will be misinterpreted? I guess that is the purpose of this story, the reason why ごん was killed in this story.

The moral of the story reminds me of another story - the boy who cried wolf. Because the boy lied the first few times about the wolf, the villagers didn’t believe him when the wolf actually came. Moral of the story? Don’t lie, or you won’t be believed when you do tell the truth. It’s interesting how similar the morals are in both stories.

Even though the story isn’t a happy one, I enjoyed reading ごんぎつね. I especially liked the illustrations and how soft everything looked. It was kinda fun to read vertically, right to left too. As for the technical aspects, it was difficult for my level to read. There were lots of vocabulary and grammar things that I didn’t understand, so I definitely didn’t understand every sentence I read. I got enough to understand the story though, from looking up words and some grammar points. I’m glad I got a chance to read this story. :smiling_face:

24 Likes