Race to Your Goal! December 2020 JLPT

I had same problem. I created two characters, Nina and Jina and then associated -nin and -jin words with each of them.

5 Likes

Awwww, you are back again o/ ! I wanted to shared motivation and to keep guys happy here ! :slight_smile:

Welcome for all people I didnā€™t see before !

And good job FennelFox for you level up ! I think we will always have some level of difference because you level up as fast as me xD

2 Likes

Yeah ! Donā€™t give up you will do it like @krysta84 did it all the time ! Good job and continue like that !

1 Like

I agree with your method, for those little **** nin / jin (and Bito <<<< this one was one of my worst leache) I had to pronounce it out loud, and for the ones I canā€™t say ā€œitā€™s sound better like that, so itā€™s this oneā€, I know itā€™s a weird word so I can guess the correct one.

3 Likes

ā€˜Snail raceā€™ huh? Perfect.
I actually redid my own set goal down to level 30 for the end of 2020, similar to yours. I think Itā€™s better to go at a more realistic pace youā€™ve some hope of keeping up rather than risk burning out. If you overshoot your target, too, that can only be a good thing!

Plus more time to let the new words and vocab sink in is all the better. I met a girl over in Japan whoā€™d done the fast and furious approach with WK - she warned me not to do it cause sheā€™d forgotten the vast majority of it all, and she was still a ways off level 60.

4 Likes

Changed mine to 32, with the aim of progressing 10 levels in a year, almost 1 a month. Regardless of how much faster I end up going, I think a level a month is a slow enough goal for me that I have no excuse not to do it. #famouslastwords

6 Likes

Hey guys,

Good job on working hard and learning the kanji!

I have been taking a break from WK since the weekend of the JLPT. I reached level 51, did a bunch of lessons, and sporadic reviews for about a week, before life events made me decide to go on vacation mode. I have 450 reviews waiting for me. Not too bad, luckily! Planning to get back into it soon, still want to get to level 60 within the next 5 months so I can still reach my All Burned goal. Itā€™ll be while before you see me update the chart again, I think.

Good luck everybody!

You can start practicing kanji writing at any time! I also wish I had seriously started doing it sooner. Right now I use Kanji Study on Android to test my knowledge of writing. You donā€™t have to only do your burned items, but I guess that is a good place to start. I am personally going through the lists in jlpt order.

5 Likes

Hey everyone,
Man Christmas really went and screwed me by not giving me enough time to study kanji but whatever, it happens I guess. Anyways, I donā€™t think I can edit posts yet and I forgot to mention that I got to level 5 then level 6 and well now iā€™m on level 7 so it seems I need to update so it doesnā€™t seem like I just quit. Also went and got the lifetime deal as a Christmas present for myself which hopefully keeps me motivated enough to get level 60 now that I have spent all this money :D. Anyways, would someone please update me on the leader board? completed my last level in 9 days, 14 hours and Iā€™m on level 7 atm. Think I should be able to get the next level in perfect time but I say that every time and it has yet to be true :/.
Well that will do me, hope everyone had a good Christmas and will have a good new year too! best of luck with your studies everyone!

2 Likes

Iā€™m updating you :+1:
Congratulations for the triple level up!

3 Likes

Good luck! See you when you get back!

1 Like

Wanikani: If you get this right, youā€™ll burn the item
me: I have never seen this kanji before in my entire life

10 Likes

I met my goal of getting to 0 reviews tonight!
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 9.56.00 PM

9 Likes

Holy crap. Just did enough to get to level 6.
40 days. :flushed:

4 Likes

Great work! Congratulations on the level!

2 Likes

385/584 remaining.

8 Likes

Oof! Good luck!

2 Likes

Happy new year everyone! :partying_face:
Weā€™re now already in 2020! The year we want to reach our individual goals! We can do this! :muscle:t2:

5 Likes

Happy new year everyone ! :space_invader:

Hey, Iā€™ve leveled up too ! I am 13 after one year on WK :partying_face:
(I am in the sloth/snail club :sloth: :snail: with 39 days and 22 hour on this level)

Itā€™s seams to be bad, but for me I really achieved something this year, and I definitely advance a lot in my japanese study !

I can really read efficiently now and I really feel like I have improved my global level.
From December to June, I passed my engineer degree and I had to write a master thesis, so I had a lot of AFKā€™s periods. But since then, I learned more in 5 months than in 2 years before. I will continue like that an I hope I will learn much more in 2020 :slight_smile:

~ My real goal is to pass N2 before coming back again to Japan in summer 2021. I want to pass N3 for December 2020 so my real goal is to be 35 for the end of the year, but keeping lvl 60 as my goal keep motivated me !
I started WK to help me to be awake at my school (since we are in computer science school we always had our laptops with us), I just wanted to be able to pass N4 one day and to be able to read some kanji, but I think it had motivated me a lots more than expected.

Everyone keep it up, we will all go to our goals this year !

8 Likes

Just noticed in 2 weeks Iā€™ll get 150 reviews in one go because Guru will hit me like a ton of bricks.
At least the kid is back in school by then.

2 Likes

Now that we are officially in 2020, here is my heatmap to reflect on my 2019.

9 Likes