Preferred meanings and readings, and notifications to tell without expanding info in quizzing

To me, as a one who does not read first meanings or readings very hard, I don’t feel the priorities of meanings or readings one bit.

Of course, there are some meanings and readings which does not deserve blacklisting, nor they are perfect, and sometimes, none of the meanings are preferable at all – it is too nuanced. – You should notify the users on answering.

Also, primary meanings and readings probably almost always mean preferred meanings and readings, but it doesn’t allow multiple of such.

The motive indeed came from the イギリス and イギリス人 thread. Just putting in first meaning doesn’t really make be realize, and I don’t necessarily care that much about what lessons display. (I passed by lessons quickly.)

It can either be UserScript or official.

Can you give a concrete example of what you want to see happen? I tried reading a few times and I don’t know what you’re asking for.

Akin to typo notifications, it is also possible to make preferred reading notification. (Currently I care more about readings that meanings.)

For example, had it better be まいねん or まいとし or read more?

Screen Shot 2563-07-25 at 11.40.05

I can see read more being done in readings, but not meanings; as meanings are always approximations.

1 Like

Are you talking about in vocabulary items? Usually in vocab if multiple readings are there, they are roughly equal in acceptability. If a reading is for a completely different meaning, they tend to just not include it at all.

EDIT: I guess I see what you mean with まいとし and まいねん.

まいねん is an uncommon reading. So you’re saying that if you answer with まいねん you want it to tell you that まいとし is more common?

2 Likes

Yes. In Double Check script, it also add 1 second block (prevent navigation). Or in No Cigar, it possibly not allow at all.

I don’t necessarily properly read the meaning explanation. A better way is to make it more distinct.

1 Like

Oh, yes, I totally agree. I was inputting まいねん all the way to like Master before I found out it was actually usually まいとし.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.