Possibly wrong audio?

I was doing my vocabulary lessons and got to the word 幼年時代. The female voice automatically played and it really sounds like she’s saying ねんしょうじたい or something . The male voice has the correct audio though. Is this the case for everyone?

9 Likes

I think you’re right! 年少時代?

WaniKani / Vocabulary / 幼年時代

All resources I could find on Google are in Chinese (zh-tw), in reference to the Richard Linklater film Boyhood.

年少時代 - 維基百科,自由的百科全書

7 Likes

Weird. Guess I should send an email when I’m done with my lessons then.

Yep, this one’s also on our list to re-record, thanks!

8 Likes

Whoa, how do you do that?

1 Like

They’re just links to the audio

4 Likes

Ah I see, thank you.

1 Like

Meanwhile the wrong ones are staying up?

3 Likes

We’ll be taking them down.

2 Likes

I also noticed this morning that 延期する has have the wrong audio for Kyoko. I was gonna email, while we’re talking about it.

3 Likes

Yep, I have this one on the list as well!

Current list:

• 取り逃がす
  • 延期する
  • 兵糧
  • 丘陵
  • 毎月(まいつき one for Kenichi)
  • 幼年時代
  • 報道
  • 境 (pitch accent wrong for Kyoko)
  • 警視庁
4 Likes

WaniKani / Vocabulary / 境

1 Like

This sounds more like けんしちょう to me:

WaniKani / Vocabulary / 警視庁

Compare with:

Also compare with:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve added the two vocabs you mentioned to the list :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t know which one of these is correct:

also:

I tend to think that Kyoko is correct here and Kenichi is wrong. Are they both correct?

WaniKani / Vocabulary / 左腕

WaniKani / Vocabulary / 右腕

1 Like

You could just check the pitch accent on Weblio. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps unrelated to what others are experiencing in this thread, but I am having issues in which the first portion of Kyoko’s audio is cut off and I only hear the last one or two syllables. I’ve tried multiple browsers and configurations, but was still able to reproduce this issue.

1 Like

I’ve had similar problems on WaniKani. Usually it sounds different between the first listen (after page load) compared to subsequent listens.

I usually have this problem when using certain Bluetooth speakers or headphones.

one more to the list, @JenK
maybe it is just me, but Kyoko’s 報じる sounds like “ho:jiju”.

https://cdn.wanikani.com/audios/30011-subject-4091.ogg?1553789052 - Kyoko is not right
https://cdn.wanikani.com/audios/21523-subject-4091.ogg?1547884578 - Kennichi sounds right

2 Likes