Per Item Review Time?

When I do my reviews, sometimes the answer pops up in my head instantly and sometimes I need ~30 seconds or even more to recall reading or meaning. Should I consider these items properly learnt? How much time you give yourselves to recall the answers?

3 Likes

I normally almost immediately recall the meaning if I’m more than level 1 apprentice. If it’s my first time reviewing it, then I take around 2-5 seconds to remember. If I take more than that, I usually end up never figuring it out and getting it wrong.
My accuracy is 96.64% btw.

1 Like

I do the same thing as @whoamihedwig. Outside of Apprentice 1, if I don’t get it in the first 6 seconds, then I just answer with nonsense to get the item info to show up and then do a quick review and move on.

3 Likes

I used to do this as well. Only quick answers, because, frankly, I don’t wanna spend that much time on my reviewing. Then I got the “WaniKani Later Crabigator”-script and things changed quite a bit.

Now, if I fail to recall something immediately but it’s a the tip of my tongue, I’ll click later, and keep on going. At the end of the review session I’ll have a new go at the item. Some I do remember now, other not so much. Those get the random answer treatment to fail, the others I’ve now pushed on.

Pretty neat. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Many thanks ekg! Will definitely try this one.

1 Like

Glad to help! ^>^

Now i think skipping the unknown item after ~5 seconds is a healthy habit. Ultimately the goal is to know all the things instantly, so there is no point in trying to recall the item in a minute or so.

Tanks everybody :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.