Online bookstores offering Japanese literature within the EU?

After burning most of my items and building an Anki deck that covers common non-WK characters, phrases and vocabulary, my Japanese learning now mainly consists of watching and reading the news. While this may be informative, maintaining a daily intake of Japanese news media just adds to the burden of trying to keep up with the state of affairs of my own country. Books are a lot more fun. I’ve been looking for and reading Japanese literature that’s marketed towards the adult demographic for about a year now. Ranobes can be interesting (I’ve read four of them) but are usually limited vocabularywise. Public libraries have been helpful and provided me with some heavier stuff to read but are now temporarily closed at the behest of the government. E-books are an option (although the only place where you can get them that doesn’t seem to be riddled with DRM is Project Gutenberg), but sometimes one just wants to read an actual printed copy. Does anyone happen to know any multilingual online bookstores with Japanese catalogues that ship from within the EU? Both fiction and nonfiction are OK as long as they’re written in modern Japanese.

1 Like

Have you seen the Verasia site?

1 Like

Had never heard of them until now. Their literature section seems a little limited but still has some interesting works. Thanks.

1 Like