Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

Please do

3 Likes

It’s going to be postponed. Possibly to 2021…

6 Likes

Yup! This is the news that I was referring to. To think that we thought we set our deadline to line up with something so fickle! :wink:

7 Likes

He still hasn’t changed what nickname he goes by? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Updated the first post to account for this :upside_down_face:
the makes the historical leaderboards situation a bit awkward

:weary:

1-year-ago-kitsunensei was so naive (but also on to something)

10 Likes

We can also buy a time machine and then set the goal for Tokyo Olympics 1964

7 Likes

I’m afraid we haven’t the funds. (we’re still saving up for that custom title too)

Also we’re the same level :smiley: don’t go resetting now

4 Likes

I like the question marks at 2020 (?) in the disclaimer though. It feels so optimistic and cute :blush:

7 Likes

I have been catching up on my reviews/lessons and making my apprentice count a lot more reasonable (goal <100) so unsure if I can go turbo when I am trying to temper my study habits. However I still want to join!

2 Likes

Might I suggest the Luminaries group instead? It’s the same concept but the goal/deadline is later (May 2021) so it would be completely doable! Unfortunately the Olympians date (as it currently stands) would be impossible for members below level 25 at this point.

3 Likes

Oops, yeah I went and joined there. Thanks

3 Likes

:fearful:

In the present circumstances and based on the information provided by the WHO today, the IOC President and the Prime Minister of Japan have concluded that the Games of the XXXII Olympiad in Tokyo must be rescheduled to a date beyond 2020 but not later than summer 2021, to safeguard the health of the athletes, everybody involved in the Olympic Games and the international community.

According to

7 Likes

So…Theres still a chance for me? :eyes:

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s a bummer for everyone who had that deadline… but this means I have a chance! Wanted to join this since October but I saw it was mathematically impossible so I opted for the “2020 JLPT” race instead. And the delay could also make it possible for me to actually go to the Olympics. (I feel kinda bad for being advantaged by the situation when everyone here had plans, tickets…sorry :sweat:)
Is it ok to be in both races?

This would be beautiful! Hell, I’m willing to skip some of my exams for it!

4 Likes

I think so :eyes:

Ofcourse!

Sooo since we only know that the Olympics will be in 2021 and I don’t like having an uncertain deadline, what do you guys think about me changing it to 12/31/2020? (Also anonymous)

• Yay (last day of 2020)
  • Nay (keep it September 6th)
0 voters

(Also beyond that date is :heavy_multiplication_x: because it’ll be too close to the luminaries deadline)

2 Likes

Awwww yeahhhhhh

1 Like

Why not have both? Olympians and Olympians 2.0? The former for people still being motivated by the original deadline, and the latter for those whose lives had other plans/were unable to join in time/etc.? I feel like most/all of us chose the Olympics as a deadline based on when it was supposed to happen rather than based on when they’ll actually happen…

11 Likes

Hmm so because

• the recent poll ended in a tie (so it doesn’t really help)
  • the previous poll ended with almost 2/3 preferring the old goal
  • the new goal would actually kinda clash with the Dec 2020 JLPT group
  • the new goal would be <100 days from the Luminaries goal

I think its best to leave the deadline/goal alone! sorry for the unneeded confusion/drama everyone :sweat_smile:

I’ll just edit the first post to make the deadline make more sense…

6 Likes

I’m placing a bet that they’ll move the Olympics to 2021 :+1:

2 Likes

I’m placing a bet on you winning that bet

3 Likes