(Obsolete) [UserScript] WaniKani Double Check

dplakta said... Please get this script working again. It's not working on Chrome.

It's the only script I've seen on WK that can change correct answers to incorrect and I need that.
 It's still working for me, which makes it hard to debug, can you open the console (option-command-J on mac, I think shift-ctrl-J on windows) and tell me if you get any errors?
or if you get a message that says "DoubleCheck loaded"
0 Likes

The script isn’t working for me either. I opened the console like you said and I don’t see anything related to this script, even if I disable all my other scripts.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I’m also running chrome with tampermonkey.

0 Likes

If you are all using 0.2 then I honestly don’t know what the problem is, I just put it it on both of the windows machines I have access to without incident. and deleted and reinstalled from the source link on my macbook.

If anyone has an idea of what might (not) be happening, I’m all ears.

0 Likes

I meant to post this yesterday, but bizarrely, it suddenly seems to be working now! No idea what was going on, but I’m just glad that I no longer have to worry about accidentally burning things that shouldn’t have been burned! ^^

0 Likes

I just recommended this to someone and realised that I never said thanks for the script when you posted it.

Belated thanks Ethan. Not only is this a great idea to be able to mark the answers incorrect, but I also learned some tricks from your Javascript.

0 Likes

hoovard said... I just recommended this to someone and realised that I never said thanks for the script when you posted it.

Belated thanks Ethan. Not only is this a great idea to be able to mark the answers incorrect, but I also learned some tricks from your Javascript.
no bad habits I hope. 
0 Likes

Woah, it’s working again! I don’t know why it wasn’t working before but it works now! Cheers mate!

This is so good for marking about-to-be-burned items as “wrong” if I don’t know them well enough.

0 Likes

So… I noticed one other problem with this script even now that it’s working. It works fine for kanji and vocabulary, but when I come to a radical, well… I think someone else already mentioned that the little thingy that says whether the item went up or down a level doesn’t show up, but also… it seems to automatically Guru radicals the first time I answer them right. o.O

I’m not entirely sure, I could be mistaken, but it just seems like I’ve been unlocking a few kanji before a radical in them has actually come up in my reviews o.o

0 Likes

0 Likes

Has anyone been able to get this script working on Android? I’ve tried the Tamper monkey browser and the add on for Dolphin, but the new button will not show up. Getting the script to work in Chrome on Windows (with Tamper monkey) was straight forward.

0 Likes

I just installed it on a Mac using Safari and TamperMonkey.  It doesn’t seem to be working - I don’t get the button to toggle the result from right to wrong or vice versa.  Any suggestions on what I should do to get it installed and working?

{}
0 Likes

chaika said... I just installed it on a Mac using Safari and TamperMonkey.  It doesn't seem to be working - I don't get the button to toggle the result from right to wrong or vice versa.  Any suggestions on what I should do to get it installed and working? {}
 BTW, at the moment, Mac Air + Safari + TamperMOnkey now works OK.

Thanks, Ethan,
0 Likes

Awesome. This replaces the buggy old “override” script, except it’s even batter. It would be nice to have a hotkey, though.

0 Likes

Hisao said... Awesome. This replaces the buggy old "override" script, except it's even batter. It would be nice to have a hotkey, though.

I cannot guarantee that this isn't  buggy itself , I haven't had time to maintain any of my scripts lately.
0 Likes

Just installed this script and will have the chance to try it out in a couple hours. Thanks for writing it!

0 Likes

I tried to use this script, but it interfered with /t/Wanikani-Reorder-Ultimate/8269/1  Wanikani reorder Ultimate. Had to turn off one to use the other… oh well. just wanted to let you know. (hope no one else has already said this…) ~frankiebluej

0 Likes

I have the same Problem with Wanikani reorder Ultimate as frankiebluej does.

0 Likes

frankiebluej said... I tried to use this script, but it interfered with /t/Wanikani-Reorder-Ultimate/8269/1  Wanikani reorder Ultimate. Had to turn off one to use the other.. oh well. just wanted to let you know. (hope no one else has already said this....) ~frankiebluej
 I use this one. Much less in options, but better in aesthetics and simplicity:-
Review Order , or the variant: Review Order by SRS level
Lesson Ordering II
0 Likes

Is it possible this no longer works?
I get the following error in the log when it tries to commit the answer.
GET https://www.wanikani.com/json/progress?k413[]=0&k413[]=0 404 (Not Found)

Yesterday it was working and now not anymore?
Perhaps something temporary?

0 Likes

If your script or app overwrites our review progress request code, please update
Connection lost, refreshing page

We pushed out some changes today. One of them is changing the request to a PUTS. Looks like this script does some clever overwrites?

0 Likes