November 13 2020 Content Updates

Kanji

(21) - added , , , and 貿 to the Visually Similar list.

Vocab

報道 (18) - updated meaning explanation.

報告 (18) - updated meaning explanation.

捉える (25) - added “to search” to block list

早口 (6) - removed はやぐち reading and updated reading explanation.

蒸し暑い (35) - added “Humid and Hot” to allow list.

及ぼす (38) - added “to reach” to block list

この前 (8) - added “obviously” to block list

瞳孔 (46) - removed “pupillary” as an alternative meaning.

28 Likes

THANK YOU, JENNY

15 Likes

Hmm, any update on 金縛り?

3 Likes

Yes! We agree with you and we’re going to change the main meaning to “sleep paralysis” as you suggested. Sorry it’s taking longer than planned!

10 Likes

Thank you Jenny!!

3 Likes

Thank you, Jenny

3 Likes

THANK YOU, @Kumirei

6 Likes

Thanks to all of you

2 Likes

Thank you, Kumi!

3 Likes

Thank you, Jenny <3

3 Likes

Thank you Jenny, Kumi, Hannah, B, Kappa and Joeni

4 Likes

Thanks for the updates! A quick question on the above - will はやぐち still be accepted as an answer / on the whitelist?

2 Likes

it currently is not - i just visited because i got it marked wrong on a master review :joy:

2 Likes

What is “block list”
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, Pep95, for explaining!!

1 Like

Ack, not a good thing to find out right there! I shall have to adjust my brain and try remember the next time it comes up. From my (very) superficial searching, it looks like it’s still an ??accepted reading but quite uncommon.

1 Like

As already pointed out, はやぐち is no longer accepted as a reading for 早口. We decided to remove it because 早口 is only read as はやぐち when it’s a proper noun, and we wanted to avoid people thinking that the vocab could be read this way. I know it’s a pain for people who have already learned the はやぐち reading and I’m sorry :neutral_face: Rest assured that we don’t do this often — only when we feel it’s really worth it!

8 Likes

Thank you for that clarification. I guess, that makes sense. And sometimes you must unlearn what you had learned! ^^; Better to correct it now than never.

2 Likes

Thanks Jenny, much appreciated! :blush:

1 Like