New Web App: WaniKaniExplorer

Kaimera said...
Saphrose said...
Kaimera said...
ShotgunLagoon said...probably shouldn't share your api key on the forums like that
 Give me a good reason why. It's a GET request, none of my data is editable AFAIK. Even Koichi's API key is available on these forums freely.
You guys are paranoid.
No, someone can use it to access content they haven't paid for via the many third party apps available. 
Tell Koichi and Viet not to publicly post their keys then. Not me. Them. I have seen no rules forbidding me from doing this. You are not WK staff.

You're providing a strawman argument. Kanji and readings are not copyright to WaniKani/Tofugu. It's public domain, they don't own the language, as much as I'm sure they'd like to. Mnemonics, audio and the SRS software is not accessible with an API key alone. One would require using a premade export tool or coding their own and even then having some knowledge as to how to format and utilize the Kanji/reading data from WK to begin with. How many people are that tech literate or bothered? Very few I would presume.
Wow, what is wrong with you? I'm not even the original person you were talking to, there is no need for that hostility. You asked for a reason, I gave you one. Chill out.