New user here, can I update the frequency that new quizzes are unlocked?

It looks like I have to wait 2 hours before the next lesson is unlocked. I can appreciate the benefit of SRS, but the 5 and 10 minute intervals for Hiragana and Katakana seemed to work really well for me. At the very least having the site tune the lesson frequency based upon success rate would be nice.

I am on winter break for another 2 weeks, so would like to get as much studying in as possible while I can do it 8+ hours a day.

If this is something that exists and is locked behind a paywall then please disregard (I wanted to try the three free lessons before buying, I’m weighing between this and kanjidamage atm)! Thanks for the help!

welcome!

This is the first topic (out of many) I found when searching for this question, I‘m sure you will find a lot of helpful input and links there: WaniKani Too Slow! Can I speed this up Please!?

But the short answer: no, you can’t. It is only slow in the beginning and you will probably soon be begging for mercy because it is going too fast.

4 Likes

Haha, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve eaten my words :smiley:, looking forward to the pain! I appreciate the reply and will check these out, thanks for the link!

5 Likes

That‘s the spirit! You‘ll fit right in then :smile:

4 Likes

oh, one more thing you might want to check out. It is new and probably not linked in that other thread yet: getting-started | WaniKani Knowledge

1 Like

I enjoy doing Elon.io whenever I can’t Kani them Wani’s. It’s something you can work through at your own pace and works different parts of Japanese learning like grammar and writing.

*oh and it’s free

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.