New milestone in my WK trip - 1 FIRST BURNS!

I am so excited that I am almost dropping a little tear. I thought this moment would never arrive!
After 6 months, level 7… I got to burn my first items!!!
I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal…but it really is for me: 42 years-old working mom of two little kids, I never thought I could get so far with Japanese. Everything was against me: my age, my lack of time…
Thanks, Wanikani, to help me catch my dream: everyday a little piece of it comes true. And it feels sooo good!!

:heart:

56 Likes

おめでとうございます!頑張ってください。

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

I will join you in 6 months, せんぱい!

5 Likes

Nice one! Well done @Maribeni1!

1 Like

congrats :smiley: u’re doing awesome job :blush:

1 Like

Good job, you! :purple_heart:

17 Likes

I’m a firm believer in “never being too old to learn”. Living, for me, is about constantly learning, and I know that when I’m your age I’ll be still probably learning Japanese xD Good work!

2 Likes

Or earlier!!! :wink:

1 Like

Congrats! I’ll get there in ~1 month. Next goal: BURN THEM ALL.

1 Like

There you go!!

1 Like

I’m soon to be 40. So from my perspective you are 42 years young. Your age is not working against you. But as a working mother you got your hand full with other duties. This is a feat. I am cheering for you. You are justified in feeling proud of yourself. You are doing something great!

6 Likes

No, you go!!

Awww thanks for your sweet words. They are such an encouragement for me! :kissing_heart:

And you are soooo right!! From now on I’ll say I am 42 years young.

5 Likes

Congratulations, Marubeni! Well done! I’m 47, so from my perspective your are a young chick :blush:. Let’s keep studying, we’ll meet at level 60 one day​:cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Awesome @ulisan ! Level 20, right on !!
It’s great knowing that I am not alone! It’s heart-warming receiving all these encouragement comments from young and not so young people.
You guys are amazing.
:kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’ve just turned 35 this year, learning japanese is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but something that just wasn’t happening till I stumbled across WK.
What I like best are the little victories, like when I review a new item I’ve already forgotten, but have learned the kanji in a different context so can accurately guess the reading/meaning. Also, every time I level up, - I’m not too far behind and seeing you’ve burned your first item gives me hope for myself!

We’re never too old to learn!

1 Like

大したですよ!おめでとうございます!

2 Likes

ありがとうございました !

1 Like

Ah, I’m in no rush. I’ll burn my first turtle on October 1st, and then celebrate with some Laphroaig Quarter Cask.

1 Like